what do you guys think?

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
well my old man has a 2000 psd and iv been tryen to get him to do some mods to it, i was thinking edge box, afe stage 2 intake, and some MBRP 4in exaust, but he was talking to some guy and he said its better to insted of haveing 4 inch turbo back, to insted have like 3 1/2 inch right off the turbo and step it up to 4 inch, doesnt sound right to me, but what do u think, the same guy said you loose power with 5inch exaust beacuse it doesnt have enough back pressure, witch again doesnt sound right to me beacuse diesel's dont need back presure i didnt think, but i dont know much about the psd, im an IDI guy, so any imput would be much helpfull,
thanks
Chris Scheid

RenoF250

Reaction score
I believe there are some that claim better low end torque with the 3 1/2" off the turbo. It is not supposed to increase the backpressure it is supposed to reduce by resonating and causing a sucking effect. The 5" is bigger than necessary and not worse but not better. That is the story as I know it. I have the 3 1/2" downpipe Magnaflow and it can get into the red with the DP Tuner 90hp tune.

I think most people are going to tell you to go with DP Tuner over Edge. If I were doing it now I would get the SCT2 and try the tunes it comes with. If you are not happy with those you can get a DP Tune and use it to download.

Also, I like the Ford AES over the Afe. I do not like cleanable elements because they are a pain to clean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online