What do you add to your fuel?

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Year round, I add a quart of 2 stroke, a quart of ATF, and Standyne in my tank. And a couple of other chemicals mixed in a plain dark jug that really cleans things out and quiets stuff down.
That's quite a concoction...so sad with the ridiculous price we pay for diesel fuel the need to add more costly stuff to it.

AussieBrianB

Reaction score
I have been adding 2 stroke to a Toyota 1H motor since I fitted it, a brand new crate motor, into my
80 series, done just under 300,000 kilometers (about 187,000 miles) and have had no problems.

I have been adding it to the 7.3 in my 2002 F250 since I bought it and again no problems.

I decided to use it based on some research I read that Mercedes carried out some years ago.
It is suposed to improve the lubrication of all the fuel pumps and other componants.

We have ultra low sulphur diesel here in Australia and the 2 stroke is meant to overcome
the problems this fuel causes.

It is also supposed to increase the power but if it does I can't say I have noticed it
in the seat of the pants.

I use it at a ratio of 200 to 1.

It is important to use mineral oil not synthetic, the synthetic stuff setttles out in the tank.

At 200:1 its not costly and it does no harm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle