what can i do for a smoother ride

DragRag

Reaction score
I have 40 in the rear, 50 in front a per chalk test. Maybe I am spoiled but compared to my coworkers '95 F250 turbo diesel [with almost the same tires, pressure and all,] his has the proverbal 'Cadillac' ride. Other than the turbo and a year newer the ride should, [in my mind,] be close to the same. Or is there differences I don't know about?

There really isn't much differenc between the trucks, unless you have a higher GVW spring, it is possible. Only othe thing that could make a difference is shocks. I wanted a softer ride on an excursion I had so i switched to the Rancho shocks that had the adjuster knob on it so I could fine tune it with how much shock resistance I out in. Those RS9000's made a good difference.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OOPS-my bad. I overlooked the 4x4 part-it is now corrected as you can see.

It seems like the front is the issue and the springs is what I suspect. A lift kit is out however due to my height impared wife. Sitting at stock height she still needs a small stepladder to entry/exit due to knee problems.
You mention air bags....any recommendations on how to install them? My thoughts are to remove a leaf or two to weaken the spring, and add the bag where the bump stop is now. Good idea or do you have a better one?
Thanks

You will need to wait for some responses from guys that have them. I don't think removing any springs will help, as the factory ones are too soft already, hence they slam into the bump stops. As for cab height, you could always install hydraulic swing out steps. ;Really

Popeye2347

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need to wait for some responses from guys that have them. I don't think removing any springs will help, as the factory ones are too soft already, hence they slam into the bump stops. As for cab height, you could always install hydraulic swing out steps. ;Really

You are probably right about the factory springs being too soft, I was thinking of adding air bags after removing some leaves.

The hydraulic steps have me interested. Do you have any pictures/references or just a thought?

Thanks..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stubburnjd1

Members online