Well this sucks. Injectors

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So ,I just got a call from my supplier and my cost on the stanadyne injectors has gone up 50+ percent. At this price I cannot afford to have any on the shelf in stock, in fact the last order is backordered so I told them to cancel it. this puts a set of new injectors at about 450.00 475.00. Thanks Delphi for dropping a very good item:mad:

And since I didnt get this info till tonight I lost a sizeable amount on the last 3 sets I shipped, and that ****** me off, how do you call and assay oh I need more money. arrrrrgh

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember Mel saying in a recent thread that Delphi was winding down injector production. I'm guessing that it's going to start being more cost-effective to remanufacture existing injectors soon.

This seriously sucks, but I can't say I'm surprised :(

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they still make brand new OEM (92-94) stanadyne injectors.both N/A E code and turbo G code.i put brand new sets in both trucks.
tip; remans cost more than new fyi.the last dealer i bought them from told me this.this is because i bought new,and they mistakenly sent remans.when i called they were happy to correct the mistake haha! i dunno what costs them so much to reman them,but i suppose that means they're probably taking the time to do it right i dunno.
that's a ****** to hear the prices are going up though.

Attachments

• turbo ip-g codes.JPG
    turbo ip-g codes.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 194

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they still make brand new OEM (92-94) stanadyne injectors.both N/A E code and turbo G code.i put brand new sets in both trucks.
tip; remans cost more than new fyi.the last dealer i bought them from told me this.this is because i bought new,and they mistakenly sent remans.when i called they were happy to correct the mistake haha! i dunno what costs them so much to reman them,but i suppose that means they're probably taking the time to do it right i dunno.
Who's "they"?

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/sh...cing-and-the-reason-you-want-to-get-yours-NOW

Per Post #6 in that thread, Delphi's getting out of the 6.9l/7.3l injector market altogether.

I know that new injectors have been close enough in price to remans that remans weren't worth it (especialyl with Russ matching injectors...and, thank you again for that Russ!! ;Sweet ), but if the price for new injectors goes up significantly or if they stop being available altogether, the economics may change...that's the point I was making. :)

that's a ****** to hear the prices are going up though.
Agreed :(

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad I bought my pop tester when I did. I might have to try to source the parts for rebuilding my cores. I also would know when I have when I was done.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that was thedieselstore.com and i just checked.they're still showing reasonable prices.
fyi i used usdieselparts.com for my first set of new G codes and had great results there too.if Russ is having troubles i suspect this might mean,those sites prices may go up as well then?

god dang these forums.people keep making me want to store up on spare parts before they go obsolete.im gunna have a back seat looking like Gary's if i stick around here.:D

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that was thedieselstore.com and i just checked.they're still showing reasonable prices.
fyi i used usdieselparts.com for my first set of new G codes and had great results there too.if Russ is having troubles i suspect this might mean,those sites prices may go up as well then?
My guess is they have a larger inventory onhand, and will have to raise prices when their inventory gets depleted...either that or they don't get very many orders and haven't had to try to restock lately.

god dang these forums.people keep making me want to store up on spare parts before they go obsolete.im gunna have a back seat looking like Gary's if i stick around here.:D
Yeah really LOL I'm a packrat who's space-limited, but I'm trying to stock up on parts that I worry will not be available in the near future...

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ebay source I used as a fallback has doubled their price , I messaged them and they are out of Delphi now as well.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does this mean I can up the price of my 92 when and if I sell it? Got three extra injector sets.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We currently have a large supply of new Delphi BB's. But I would encourage everyone to buy them sooner rather than later. I will not be able to hold the prices indefinitely, and you will want to take advantage of this situation while it lasts. We still pressure match and test our sets and can ship same day.

dirtbiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We ordered a set a month ago from thedieselstore.com (Midwest Fuel Injection) at the $32.00 price. They came through, but really had to scrounge to come up with eight, pulling the last of them from three of their different warehouses. It didn't sound like they had any more stock. Glad I grabbed 'em!

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
planned obsolescence'"' SUX sad to hear,,,sounds kinda like the scrap drives of W.W.2...
but try to buy an american made shovelhead part today!

sassyrel

Reaction score
I just ordered a set of new e codes,,from the guy that does my pumps....40.00 apiece...8.00 shipped direct to me...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online