Well it took me 3 years...

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But, my recent unemployment has allowed me some spare time so I finally got a chance to install my rear fender patch panels and my fender flares, both of which I've had since the fall of 2008. Sheesh!

I didn't do the prettiest job on the rear fenders mostly because I knew the flares would cover it up.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Now I just need a nice bumper for the front of this thing :)

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Looks great. I just love before and after pics....:love::hail Just as long as there in focus... Nothing worse than a blurry pic you can't see whats on it...-cuss:angel:

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
Nice job guy! Did you weld it all the way and seal it so no more rust can form?

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I didn't weld it all the way...I spot welded around the perimeter and tried to spray it down as best I could with undercoating. Honestly, by the time the patch panels start to rust out I think the whole bed will be gone :dunno The floor is unfortunately starting to rust out around a couple of the bed mounting bolts and the bed crossmember under those same bolts is rusting out as well (but just that one...not sure why).

I did a little patching on the front fenders too, they had some REALLY bad spots on them. It was rusted through in several areas. I think this truck will need a new body AND frame before the engine ever dies...

These are Bushwacker Extend-A-Fenders by the way. They look great in the front, but the axle width difference in the back is really noticeable with the flares on so it looks a little goofy...

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way does anyone know of a good match for the dark blue color on the side of my truck? I can't find anything that looks all that close anywhere. Advance has some stuff called "midnight blue" or "midnight purple" that looks pretty close but I dunno.

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
I'd say it wil be flat bed time when the rest of the bed goes. I know im already lookin for a flat bed for mine. Tired of rust although my bed is actually really good except underneath where all the crossmembers are. Surface rust! Plus I can fit alot more in my truck if I had a flat bed. Anyone know where the best place to get an aluminum short bed flat bed?? Im new when it comes to flat beds.

Cant you just get the paint code from ford and have someone match it. Dupont or other big brands can match it usually. You might have no choice but to paint the whole truck to make it look right.

cardana24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the flares? That would be a good solution for be because I have rust in my rear wheel arches, and my tires stick out past the body. I could kill two birds with one stone.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually originally got the flares from Amazon because they had one of the best prices I could find and free shipping. I don't know how their price compares nowadays though. Find the part number somewhere and try searching that number on amazon- sometimes they have stuff listed by part number but don't list what it's actually for.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000COA1SA

Hell there's a set up for $201 right now with free shipping, that's a REALLY good deal!

I had to do the rear fender patch panels to install the flares because my arches were in such bad shape. The previous owner got them fixed somewhere where their solution was to use tons of bondo and they looked like crap. I should take pictures of the garbage I cut out of there.

Last edited: