well i have the worst luck.

78fordf150

Reaction score
hey all just need to vent a little,Kinda pissed off at people these days.

Im a welder/Iron worker by trade and as a side job i build pre enginnerd buildings for people,Well these days it seems that every building i put up the client desides to beat around the bush when it come to paying or just stright out tell me im not getting payed even though they have sign off on the contract saying there happy with the building.so off to court.

To add insult to injury i arrived at my welding shop the other day to find out my 1979 ford f350 4x4 had been stolen and it wasn't insured.and more then likley parted out by now.

just need to vent

hairyboxnoogle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah man... that sucks bud. That is some bad luck. I hope everything turns around and improves for ya, just got to have a little faith sometimes. Good luck on gettin your truck back.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure hope you are getting up front money, at least the building cost. This thread should be in the lounge, thats the Venting place.

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
In the business I am in we are doing Mechanic's Liens all day long now.

We build diesel storage and supply systems for emergency generators for hospitals, government buildings, etc.

They all want a %100 reliable fuel system for when the power goes out, but they don't want to pay us for them.

The owner here spends most of his days in court trying to get paid for all the jobs we do.

It's just flat out insane how people refuse to pay someone for work they've done. Our biggest trouble has been with the BIG corporations, the hospital HMO's that want to stiff your grandma for her cancer treatments then report quarterly profits in the millions... The gigantic computer manufacturers who've sent all our jobs overseas, but want to be damn sure they're websites function perfectly here in North America so we can be able to purchase their products 24/7.

I feel your pain! :puke:

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sucks to hear. But post up any pics you have of the bronco and we can get them out over the net. Might help catch the thieves.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I worked one summer for an old gentleman. He was roughly 95 years old. He was depressed. He owned a auctioneer company, they were known all around to auction off old logging mills around the country. He started it right after WWII. Anyways the poor old guy was depressed because all of his old business partners that provided him business were dead and gone. The meaning of the handshake was nothing anymore, and all the companies were about profit. Felt so bad for that guy to see his world crumble like that.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was in CA with my computer business I had one person give me a bad check for $700 so I repossessed the computer that I had built for him, sold the parts and made $1000.

One time I had a lawyer who refused to pay me so I told him I am going to sit right here until you do pay me. He threatened to call the cops and I told him to go ahead and call them. While you have them on the phone make sure you tell them that you were invoiced for work that was completed and your refusing to pay and I am refusing to leave. About five minutes later he paid.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Hope it turns the other way for You, main thing is to not loose Your temper or You'll loose more than just money.
It is always wise to get enough money in advance to cover Your expenses and get small payments every day or at every time You calculate You're getting close to finish the project so at the end if they don't pay You have most of Your money.

Last edited:

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
That sucks man. Hopefully things will turn around for the best and I hope you get your truck back!

Cucamongan

Huh?
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your luck and your truck...

(This is my unsolicited opinion, take it or it leave or ignore it) for the biz, are you charging %50 up front, rest upon completion? Do you keep a credit card on file from the biz? getting people to pay is a fulltime job sometimes

78fordf150

Reaction score
truck is gone. Im sure someone staked the shop out too find out if it ran or not and wanted it for the front axle,

On a positive note i do have a new project and thats a 1973 international 1ton thats gonna get my 6.9 idi thrown in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online