Well crap!!!!

adam g

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to press my own. In a few years I will have my place in the country, then I will have a few acres to plant sunflowers or whatever on.

Okumaguru

Reaction score
It's a little "out of the box" but I was trying to look into,,,acorns, pine cones and needles, etc. I think there might be things you could go out and "harvest" and not actually have to plant or anything else. It's just a thought I've had.
Tim

jimmys f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have had the same thoughts about pressin my own,,but don't really know how to go bout doin it,,,i think that is the solution to our energy problems,,corn isn't the answer cuz if you look it has driven the price of everything else up ,,,specially as animal feed,,,but am with you on pressin my own,,,,jus show me how and i will,,oh and another thing,,,chek out (hemp for fuel) on google ,,,kinda interesting,,,that may be the answer

Okumaguru

Reaction score
Home pressing

The equipment is the problem. It is out there for sale but is extremely expensive. It is intended to be marketed to larger markets which makes it to pricey for individuals.
I have been kind of browsing for a way to "rig" my own but it hasn't "came to me" yet.
Tim

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
so what is involved with pressing? do you just need a hydraulic press or what? our grandfathers did it long before todays modern machines somehow.....maybe they just rolled a big rock over the stuff:D

jimmys f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
went to google and typed in oil press,,,,lotsa sites there on how to build one to where you can buy,,

soooo the technology is there ,,so am gonna have to just sit down and think about this one for awhile,,,but looked at a olive press on there and wonder if you could do that with corn,,, soybeans,, sunflowers,,,whatever

did throw some canola oil in the ole beast once and it ran as good as new,,,

but nwayz am thinkin bout tryin somethin different and have a lil land that i could grow somethin alternative on,,,,like maybe some sunflowers or somethin,,,its a thought

have a friend from germany and she says that they are way ahead of us over there in technology on diesels,,,and have been doing it for years with veggie oil,,,

sassyrel

Reaction score
I've lost my "free" source. Someone is now paying for the WVO. It was fun while it lasted. I'm just glad I didn't have a lot invested in processing equipment.
think about it though gruss. even if you had to pay a little--its still much cheaper than diesel!!!!!

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I brought home 40L of waste Rotella T and furnace oil mix tonight and threw 3 more empty 20L pales in the truck to fill up tommorow....Man I love working at a Freightliner dealership....I have a whole new appreciation for doing oil changes...LOL....I get paid to do it and I get to keep the " black gold" ...:rotflmao

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726