Weird issues, usually at startup or soon after

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has started acting up on me and I wanted to see what you guys thought. This usually occurs soon after startup and it really bugs me. The engine speed starts getting lower and lower until it dies. It doesn't start right back up, but sometimes it takes so long I wonder if it is going to start and when it does it is rough running. I know I have some air intrusion issues, but this acts nothing like when it is ingesting air as it runs real good then. I filled tanks tonight to see if that changes anything. I am wondering if the lift pump is going bad.

Jeff

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
have you changed the fuel filter yet? That'd be the very first thing to check. Then testing the lift pump. IIRC you should get roughly a pint out of the shrader valve from 10 seconds of cranking.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't changed the filter yet, but that was on the list. Filling the tanks seems to have gotten rid of the issue. I am fairly certain it is the fuel pump.

Jeff

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could also have a fuel pickup issue within the tank. It looks like a showerhead and sometimes they break off. You won't notice until fuel gets low in the tank and the engine starts to suck air.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online