water pump

91/2 7.3idi

BarnyardFabrication
Reaction score
well i searched but didnt find what im looking for. i was walking back from class today and noticed my truck leaking anti freeze. im pretty sure its coming from the water pump. i cant grab the fan and make the pulley move up and down about an 1/8 inch at the most. before i do anything, does anybody know what the motorcraft number for the water pump is and also the thermostat.i know to only use the 192 degree t stat, just need the numbers to check ebay, think i may have already found a water pump. thanks

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Any water pump that fits the 6.9 or 7.3 idi motors will work for you.... Many auto parts stores have them in stock. Nappa sells them new and rebuilt. They shouldn'r be any more costly that around 50 to 60 bucks. Maybe even cheaper than that. Ford will want around $300.00 for a new pump....:eek:

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NAPA water pump # 125-5018

Autozone New Duralast 59.99 DWP 659

Reman Value craft 34.99 L59-8304

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the Parts Bin tech article. If you don't find the part numbers you need there, let me know and me or Towcat will add them. Always use the Motorcraft pump if you can afford it. It's just THAT MUCH better. You get what you pay for.

91/2 7.3idi

BarnyardFabrication
Reaction score
called 2 ford dealler ships and 2 international this am.$140 and $95 at ford. $75 for a value right or some crap at international and the other didnt answer the phone. t stat was 30 at both ford. i looked in the parts bin and did not see the motorcraft pump #. the one one the pump im going to buy is E9TZ-8501-B

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
For those prices hopefully you can "see" the box the pump comes in. Something sounds really like a way too low price for a genuine ford new pump...

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Save yourself some time & trouble, listen to Mel & buy a ford pump. I didn't listen to Mel the first time around & did it twice. Also, be sure to keep an eye on which bolts come out of which holes, there are long & short. You don't wanna screw that up......

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know the Ford pump comes with new top bolts, a gasket, and instructions on how not to screw it up.... Others may as well, but you should know whatever part you get... you want this.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
One more thing you need to know about installing the pump. The top two bolts along with the bottom two bolts extend into the timing cover. You need to seal the threads or oil will leak out past those threads. I'll bet some of you are wondering how I know this.....:D

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
One more thing you need to know about installing the pump. The top two bolts along with the bottom two bolts extend into the timing cover. You need to seal the threads or oil will leak out past those threads. I'll bet some of you are wondering how I know this.....:D

Spare tube of RTV in the back seat?????;Really

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nope... Ron......:moon::angel: Tube of permatex copper plus UNDER THE BACK SEAT......:eek::rotflmao:D I never leave home without it.....:sly

91/2 7.3idi

BarnyardFabrication
Reaction score
ill find out this weekend if i got the right parts. i order them threw the stealer ship at home. my mother is going pick them up and bring them up this weekend. i guess ill pick up a tube of copper rtv too. looks like a pretty easy job beside draining all the coolant

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Yeah I got a motorcraft wp from ford for around 100 bucks. I got a ford t-stat for around 30. I think I got the gasket from ford too. I got all the hoses and clamps from napa. Get a good single razor and scrape all the old gasket off. You really want to spend a lot off time here cuz its improtant to get it all off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online