Water in fuel sensor BUSTED!!!

Mr. Fix it

Reaction score
Was changing out the fuel filter today on the dodge. The freakin WIF sensor was a little loose, so you guessed it! SNAP!!

Cummins part store is closed today. I have to have the truck for work in the AM.

I found an old radiator petcock (plastic) that threaded in nicely, but it leaks under pressure (when running).

:yell: ANY IDEAS???? Hell, I don't ven know the thread pitch or size. Was thinking maybe a bolt or oil drain plug (correct threads of course), just till I can get the part on my way home from work tommorrow. Thanks, Kevin

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wrap the threads real good with teflon tape. Plastic to metal some times dont make a good match

B

Big K

Take the plastic petcock to the auto parts store, and see if you can get a brass pipe plug in the same thread pitch. Use teflon tape, or, my preference, pipe thread sealant. Be careful not to overtighten.

Mr. Fix it

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Got it fixed.

I took the housing to the auto parts store and found that a 1/2"x20tpi oil drain plug (and fiber washer) fit perfectly. Cost: $2.50, and I even got the one with the magnet in it. I heard it supposed to make the truck run faster and jump higher or something like that.

Gonna order a new WIF sensor from Genos. When that arrives, I'll make sure that plug stays in the glove box. That way, I'll never need it again. Thanks again, Kevin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online