warrenty and getting a new engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubberfish

Reaction score
What they're going to say, is that a motor with
"X" number of miles is expected to go through an
acceptable amount of engine oil. A small amount
of blue smoke at start up is not unacceptable.
That would be considered normal wear and tear. It
does not indicate that the motor is prematurely worn out.
If you want to blow it up in hopes that they'll replace
it under warranty, they may claim customer abuse,
since your going to have it towed in looking like
the motor has been through a nuclear explosion.

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
well i need to do something cus its starten to run like **** and i dont want it to go out on me after the warrenty is up

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your sig line says............

02 F-350, crew cab, dually 4x4, lariat, 6 speed, dual MBRP exaust, AFE stage 2, Edge Juce with attitude and evolution programer and southbend clutch 550hp and 1100tq

You want Ford to put a new engine in your truck becasue you have a little blue smoke? Good luck and let us know how it works out for you.

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
That sounds almost like what they call insurance fraud here. That is the reason why these trucks costs 40-60K now. Thanks.
Ken

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was also told just to hook up to a big trailer and pump the edge up and melt it to the ground and get a new engine that way, what do u guys think?

I think the above advice is very solid, follow it closely. Whoever told you this is a freakin genius!!! ;Sweet

btw..... do you have the dyno sheets from you 550/1100 run?

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I am guessing that you answered your question in your signature about getting a warranty:

02 F-350, crew cab, dually 4x4, lariat, 6 speed, dual MBRP exaust, AFE stage 2, Edge Juce with attitude and evolution programer and southbend clutch 550hp and 1100tq

Having modified the performance of this engine, you just voided your warranty. Doesn't matter if everyone does it or not, performance mods will void any warranty. If the engine ran like crap from day one, you should have taken care of it then. Not to mention, how could it have run like crap and turned 550HP/1100TQ?

What you are talking about is fraud and illegal! Do what you got to do, I am sure the dealership (or garage) will most likely laugh at you. Not to mention, you might want to check and see if your warranty is pro-rated, as many/most are!!!

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and i know that stuff voids my warrenty, but if it isnt on the truck, how would they know i had it in there to begin with,

P0603 :eek: Yeah, their gonna know you had it.:rolleyes:

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
i dont mean to be a **** guys so i appologize if i em, im just trying to figure out the best way to go about this

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
i dont mean to be a **** guys so i appologize if i em, im just trying to figure out the best way to go about this

The best way I would guess is to do what you have to do and be VERY quiet about it! :rotflmao

Posting that you plan to do this in a public forumn, or that you are considering doing it is going to get you nothing but flamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tony

Members online