Wanted: 80-65 F250 reg cab, 4x4.

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanted: 80-96 F250 reg cab, 4x4.

In case I'm unable to make it work to get that truck I mentioned on the IDI board, I'm interested in one of these, though I could also work with an F150 from the same era.

It could be considered 'near dead' and I don't mind as I want to build it as a trail rig with my own body parts, and reinforcing the frame would be done anyway.

Last edited:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
86 F250 4x4.
no motor, trans, transfer case.
no seats
no lumber rack and camper shell.
what you will get is a rolling body, complete sheetmetal, rough reassembled nose.
clean title (not salvage) current reg.
$300.
shipping is on you.

Attachments

• P1040317.JPG
    P1040317.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 17
  • P1040329.JPG
    P1040329.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 17
  • P1040328.JPG
    P1040328.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 18

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna see how things play out with that GovDeals thing, but this might be a good option, thanks Towcat. I saw IDIoit is also selling one, but later model, of course I se that AFTER posting this. :mad: Well, I'll be the first to admit to being an idiot. :rotflmao

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Why wait? TowCats is a clean rust free truck.
The other is a Total Rust Bucket. Frame would crumble you try to use it for anything besides moving around the yard.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why wait? TowCats is a clean rust free truck.
The other is a Total Rust Bucket. Frame would crumble you try to use it for anything besides moving around the yard.
he's not serious in buying a truck.
if he's willing to lay down $$$ of any amount after seeing the below pic, he's only fooling himself.

Attachments

• rust.jpg
    rust.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 73

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honest to God, the more I think about it, I might go with that truck you posted, it ain't really much distance difference for me, the plan woulda been the same either way, drive there with with a truck, rent a 'mover'( trailer, dolly, etc.) and tow it back with the truck I brung. The metal you got is WAY nicer and it ain't that hard to swap the bricknose onto it, or even the OBS. I'd just need to come up with the money to buy and transport it, but if I try, 'the one with the money' might agreed and I might be able to swing it.

That truck was appealing because off the bid price, but like has been pointed out, by the time I'd put all the MONEY into fixing the body, I'd be WAY better off to go after your truck( Towcat). Still pondering, I guess I 'jumped the gun' in posting a 'want ad', for that, I'm sorry to ALL parties involved.

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That truck was appealing because off the bid price, but like has been pointed out, by the time I'd put all the MONEY into fixing the body, I'd be WAY better off to go after your truck( Towcat). Still pondering, I guess I 'jumped the gun' in posting a 'want ad', for that, I'm sorry to ALL parties involved.

Also, it really got me thinking of the project, not what'd be needed to accomplish the project. :dunno

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, Towcat, I see from your info that you float between Texas and California, where's the truck located? Is it your's or are you passing along info for someone else?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, Towcat, I see from your info that you float between Texas and California, where's the truck located? Is it your's or are you passing along info for someone else?
most of my truck operations reside in kali. if I was to trailer the chassis out to TX, the cost will go up to $1300 to help cover for fuel expenses.
here's a comparo to the MD truck you are bidding on.....this is what a kali truck looks like underneath.....:eek::eek::D
unfortunately, there's no demand for reg cab trucks out here. So, most of the time, metal like this goes to the crusher. Supercab trucks are more sought after due to the increased interior space.

Attachments

• P1040501.JPG
    P1040501.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 66

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
most of my truck operations reside in kali. if I was to trailer the chassis out to TX, the cost will go up to $1300 to help cover for fuel expenses.
here's a comparo to the MD truck you are bidding on.....this is what a kali truck looks like underneath.....:eek::eek::D
unfortunately, there's no demand for reg cab trucks out here. So, most of the time, metal like this goes to the crusher. Supercab trucks are more sought after due to the increased interior space.

damn Calvin, thats rusty! LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online