Wanted: 80-65 F250 reg cab, 4x4.

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
Current update, I realized the F-250 might be too small for my needs, anyone out there have an F-350 Reg cab Long Box, preferably in Single rear wheels? Same era though, stick or auto, gas or diesel?

If I'm not having a brain fart, the only difference between those 2 on the regular cab trucks is the front axle, maybe the springs and maybe the blocks in the rear...

If the frame or cab or bed is too small for ya, you can't do any better going between 3/4 ton and 1 ton.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Current update, I realized the F-250 might be too small for my needs, anyone out there have an F-350 Reg cab Long Box, preferably in Single rear wheels? Same era though, stick or auto, gas or diesel?

What are you going to use this truck for?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got a CC SRW 4x4. no motor, trans, interior. no front clip. $2600. clean title(not salvage titled) on non-op.
items removed was done surgically. ie....not like if you went ot P-n-P :eek:

Attachments

• SL374955.JPG
    SL374955.JPG
    286 KB · Views: 25

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you going to use this truck for?

@Jhenegh

I'm looking for the extra GVWR that the F-350 has over the F-250.

@ Waystro,

I'm planning to build a pretty bad@$$ 'trail rig', the F-350 would allow me to build with heavier components, making this tougher.

@ Towcat

Nice looking truck, but I'm looking more for the regular cab, though I might put some thought on that, thank you. ;Sweet

EDIT: Damned autocorrect

Last edited:

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
Anything that will bolt on to an F350 of that era will bolt onto an F250. The difference in the GVWR comes from
...the [solid] front axle, the springs and maybe the blocks in the rear...

If the FRAME or cab or bed is too small for ya, you can't do any better going between 3/4 ton and 1 ton.
There ain't no heavy components that you can build onto an F350 that can't be built onto an F250 that I'm aware of save for that Dana 60.

I wouldn't think GVWR was much of a concern for an offroad trail vehicle anyway? :dunno A F350 will have a solid from axle rather than a TTB. Having done 1 of these swaps (absolutely no expert) it's simple and there's a reason is so popular. And it is why an F350 of that era is usually no less than an $1800 truck here in snow country (MN & IN). People know what they are.

I'm just confused on your distinction between the 3/4 ton and 1 ton like they're different trucks entirely. My F250 is now just the extended cab F350 SRW that Ford never made in 1994 with the swap of the Dana 60 and rear 4" blocks

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything that will bolt on to an F350 of that era will bolt onto an F250. The difference in the GVWR comes from There ain't no heavy components that you can build onto an F350 that can't be built onto an F250 that I'm aware of save for that Dana 60.

I wouldn't think GVWR was much of a concern for an offroad trail vehicle anyway? :dunno A F350 will have a solid from axle rather than a TTB. Having done 1 of these swaps (absolutely no expert) it's simple and there's a reason is so popular. And it is why an F350 of that era is usually no less than an $1800 truck here in snow country (MN & IN). People know what they are.

I'm just confused on your distinction between the 3/4 ton and 1 ton like they're different trucks entirely. My F250 is now just the extended cab F350 SRW that Ford never made in 1994 with the swap of the Dana 60 and rear 4" blocks

It would be a trail rig, but I need it to be 'roadable', so my weights are still a concern. Basically, I'm looking for a STOUT truck to start with, put something like a Dana 60 or 70,maybe 80 under it front and rear, lump a big Ford diesel into it, run something like a ZF stick, into an Atlas2 transfer case and be running something like a total of 6 inches suspension lift and an additional 4 inches of body lift, put something like 38 or even bigger meats under it. Full roll cage, custom body work to reinforce or make clearance and maybe put some exo-cage on it. :sly

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Unless you're towing, you don't really need to worry about weight. (Except the heavy **** diesel up front)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you're towing, you don't really need to worry about weight. (Except the heavy **** diesel up front)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

You ain't kidding about my diesel choice. What is the GVWR difference between the F-250 & the F-350?

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Andertusa;Andertusa said:
he GVWR difference between the F-250 & the F-350?

If it's 200 lbs or more higher, I NEED the extra rating as I'm a fair bit North of that 200 lbs mark. :mad: :confused: :mad: