Want to replace cruise control servo?

paintedreams

Reaction score
Does anyone have a extra working servo for the cruise control laying around mine hasn't worked since I bought the truck? I hope that is all I need.

Last edited:

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
Like Rob said also check the pressure switch at the front of the master cylinder. If it is stuck open (check with ohm meter) with no brakes applied, it's toast. That's what was wrong with mine. Easy fix. Get parts from Ford. I think you can get servos from the wrecking yard and the same model was used in several vehicles, not just trucks. Do some cross referencing of part numbers.

paintedreams

Reaction score
does anyone not have an extra servo for my cruise control I would really like to fix the cruise control? Thanks Dewey

paintedreams

Reaction score
My local junk yards told me that only that year truck and it had to be an diesel also thats why I came to you all.

liddledoggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i found mine through a salvige yard search on the internet. a junk yard in texas had it. the one on my 98 gasser looks the same.

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
My local junk yards told me that only that year truck and it had to be an diesel also thats why I came to you all.

I don't think he's right. Go to Ford and ask them to give you the part number for yours and then run the part number to see what other applications it might have. I could be wrong but a part like this is likely to have been used on many models. All it is doing is holding the throttle cable at a certain position controlled by the sensors so it can be used on several vehicles gas or diesel I'm sure. Worth a try.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately your cruise is all electric. I have a couple for the electric over vacuum style.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
I have one off a 97 van. It looks identical to the one on my 95. I'll part with it for $40 plus shipping.