Want to add dual exhaust....questions

FiredudeL4

Reaction score
Hey guys I have been thinking cookoo about adding dual exhaust out the back, I have added straight 4" and did it myself, was wondering if anyone out there has done it themselves and what parts you used? when I did my 4" I got the section that goes over the axle that was already bent, do they make one that will go to the other side? also what about the spliter (single to dual) any suggestions are more than appriciated Thanks

stay safe out there
Roy :draw

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The prices on exhaust are coming down. If you do it in aluminized, you can BUY a complete exhaust for like 350-450 bucks! It almost isnt worth the hassle of trying to build your own.

Many of the systems use a muffler that has a single INPUT but has TWO outputs, OR they add a "Y" adapter right to the output of the muffler.

You gain zero performance advantage with a dual system, but they SOUND wicked!!

Most muffler shops dont deal with 4" pipe, so getting stuff bent, or finding/building that "Y" pipe will be what really holds you up.

FiredudeL4

Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
The prices on exhaust are coming down. If you do it in aluminized, you can BUY a complete exhaust for like 350-450 bucks! It almost isnt worth the hassle of trying to build your own.

Many of the systems use a muffler that has a single INPUT but has TWO outputs, OR they add a "Y" adapter right to the output of the muffler.

You gain zero performance advantage with a dual system, but they SOUND wicked!!

Most muffler shops dont deal with 4" pipe, so getting stuff bent, or finding/building that "Y" pipe will be what really holds you up.

Thanks, I dont mind doing the work myself, truthfully I enjoy it ;Sweet , I dont really need to replace the whole system and would like to stay with the straight pipe :thumbsup: so Im looking at the Y and a section to go over the axle and out, will keep at it

stay safe out there
Roy :draw

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker