VRV Question

big van

Nobody Special
Reaction score
My 4x4 C-6 tranny was rebuilt 1 1/2 yrs. ago (2 yr. Warrenty). I replaced the VRV at the same time. Lately it's been shifting erractic. For example somrtimes it shifts high sometimes not at all without manually shiftinng. Acts like this in 1st & 2nd. I read 13lbs. vac. at tranny & 6-7 lbs. vac. under throttle at tranny. I took it back to the shop that rebuiilt it for him to look at. He says he checked vac. reg. & it was clean. Also says he test drove the truck & it was ok. I picked it up 1hr. later and I could tell he started it to maybe pull in the shop but definatly no test drive. She rattled like a morning start. He says the VRV is probably bad. Could it be bad already? Anybody ever have theirs act like this? Thanks

suv7734

Reaction score
Those readings should be good. What kind of shape is your vacuum pump in? If it's getting weak that will affect the shifting. Another thing to do is pull the hose off the modulator and check for any signs of transmission fluid. If the diaphram is going/gone it will leak fluid

big van

Nobody Special
Reaction score
I read 23-24 lbs. vac. at the vac. pump. He says he pulled the modulator and it was clean. I had the hose off when i checked vac. there and it looked clean. I really don't want to spend $80 for another VRV if I don't have to. I 'd lik eto find out what's up.

Evil_Jester

it wont die...
Reaction score
i had a shifting problem with my truck. my vacuum line going to the modulator was rubbing on the air cleaner and got a hole rubbed in it. the problem sometimes wasnt there because it would suck tight to the air cleaner. i would double check the lines. btw how much does a vrv cost?