Viton Clamps

Diesile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When using the Viton line in the Tech articles, what clamps are you guys
using and where do you get them?

The 5119K13 lines are .375 o.d.. Typical spring clamps in the kits for injector
returns are for a larger o.d. hose. With the automotive supplies here, that style
clamp is not popular and the small motor shops fuel line clamps are a little too big.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
You can use the full circle hose clamps that are labeled for fuel injection( the ones that have a regular screw pinching the ends together ) they tighten evenly and won't leak. Don't use the worm gear type hose clamps, they will buckle the hose and leak like a sieve.

Diesile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK. Hit the auto stores and nobody has an injection clamp that small (.375)
NAPA could and did order a corbin style (that is the original 6.9 style) clamp that would sort of work but was actually one size too small.

Then paydirt. Someone suggested I call IH. $.39ea. I'll take 2 dozen.
Life is good again.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of you guys are real lucky to have a GOOD IH dealer, the one around here allways asks why I'm asking them for parts for a Ford! Last time I was there I asked if they had a throttle return spring for my truck, told the parts guy it was a 7.3 w/a DB2 pump, he said "whats a DB2?"

Diesile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ironman I know what you mean. I never admit the parts are for a Ford, just tell him I need whatever for an '86 6.9.......fortunately they never ask "what
model".

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
If you have one that gets snitty like that, just show up armed with the engine number and ask for parts for it so they don't have to think too hard. If they have the engine number , they will just pop it into the computer and won't have time to talk themself out of looking .
I've found that if I go after hours or on the weekend, then I can go to the parts guys who handle their mechanics in the shop and those guys seem pretty sharp, but if I go during normal hours to the *parts department* up front, what we get up there are the stockboys and they haven't a clue. I think there's only been one or two times that those guys have actually been able to find a part on their own, usually , I have to dig into their books or computer to find the darn things. Heck, they should give me a cut on the price for self service :backoff

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online

Members online