Video of blow by out of my moms 94, WOW!!! Just PLUMES!

f350flatbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That isn't how it's supposed to look? I remember mine looking like that.

Paul B

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine looks about like that too. I think I may have figured out a "solution" in the form of an oil trap that will take about half the oil vapor out WITHOUT restrict the venting and creating backpressure - I'll let you know how it works out here real soon...

partyncwby

Reaction score
Bob, are you gonna take the elbow out from under your kitchen sink, fill it with oil and hook it to your road tube? LOL

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks about the same as the last three IDI's I've had... always great runners.

suv7734

Reaction score
That really doesn't look that bad if it's at idle. I didn't get any sound so I don't know for sure. Rev it up to about 2000 RPM and see what it looks like then. A health IDI will show less at a higher RPM.

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bob, are you gonna take the elbow out from under your kitchen sink, fill it with oil and hook it to your road tube? LOL

No, but you aren't too far off! I made a trap with a screw-off bottom chamber out of PVC pipe parts.

Unfortunately, my 3rd prototype didn't work. The first one created WAY too much backpressure - it was blowing oil out the dipstick tube. The second only created a little bit too much back pressure and trapped close to half of the oil in the blowby. The 3rd protptype created no significant backpressure - but it didn't trap enough oil to be worthwhile either.

So, I'm back to going straight to the CDR....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger