Very Very Low Tech Water Injection

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got an idea, want to run it by the OB.
Had a empty spray bottle, filled it with water, set the spray pattern almost as low, or fine, as possible, give about 6 slow sprays, spaced about 3-4 seconds apart. I would guess a 1/2 ounce per time I do this. Engine is idling.
I figured if water injection systems have a side effect of cleaning the cylinders this might do it much slower.:dunno
Thanks all.

6.9man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hold the rpms at 2500 and run a constant light mist for ten minutes and that will clean stuff out know guys do it on direct injected engines to clean the injectors and says it works good

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they use plain water or some heet or isoheet added in?
The reason I ask about plain water, I eyed my small 15gal barrel of used antifreeze thats been taking up space for a while???
Thanks

Last edited:

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
Personally, i wouldn't want to use coolant. Plain water or windsheild washer fluid would work well...

for cleaning i'd just use water. Some people use 20-30% methanol as a power adder.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna hook up a water/methonal system for keeping egts in check + adding power

6.9man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they use plain water or some heet or isoheet added in?
The reason I ask about plain water, I eyed my small 15gal barrel of used antifreeze thats been taking up space for a while???
Thanks

just plain old water well not if its brown and rusty you know what i mean. if you wouldn't drink it your engine shouldn't probably either haha

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
we used to do that to gas engines to de-carbon the cylinders, run it at high idle and trickle a drop or 2 at a time into the carb......

don't see why it wouldn't do on an IDI

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
umm.....
please approach with caution. this was experimented with years ago and the demise of the motor was well documented. argve/travis did the water injection to the orig "enterprise" with the attitude "if a little does this good, alot would do even better!!!" he succeeded in knocking out his bottom end and seriously eroding his piston tops. keep in mind these motors are at 22:1 compression not 8.5:1 like a gasser. it does not take much water to hydrolock these motors.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger