Turning up fuel

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
i decided to see if the muffler was causing issues. i took the intermediate pipe off again an went for a drive with just the dp. that did not do enough to warrant a new muffler or deleting the muffler.

would i be able the take the exhaust elbow(thing the dp connects to) off of the turbo and use a mirror to look at the exhaust wheel.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Eric,

I would agree it should not stop immediately. In know comparing apple to oranges, but, on my 6.0.... I can shut off the truck, and can step out of the drivers door, and and hear it still winding down.... I would say it takes 20+ seconds for it to wind wind down, at shutoff... so I would say it if quits spinning quickly, it may need a rebuild.....

I have 115,000 on my truck.... what is on your truck?

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Eric,

I would agree it should not stop immediately. In know comparing apple to oranges, but, on my 6.0.... I can shut off the truck, and can step out of the drivers door, and and hear it still winding down.... I would say it takes 20+ seconds for it to wind wind down, at shutoff... so I would say it if quits spinning quickly, it may need a rebuild.....

I have 115,000 on my truck.... what is on your truck?

my truck has 208,*** and i am pretty sure it is the original turbo.

i have been in contact with Russ(typ4) and thursday i will be taking the turbo off the engine and sending it out to him for a rebuild and comp side upgrade. he said it is most likely the hot wheel tips are melted off or it is not spinning freely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes