Turning Radius

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Compared to what I drive on a regular basis, my CC dually turns really sharp. Solution to the U-turn? Easy. go around the darn block. When you have 30 feet of truck, there is little choice for u-turns, its not even considered.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
The superduties with the front leaf springs were absolutley ridiculous. Our ram can practically jack knive a trailer while driving forward, the super duty could hardly even do it while in reverse... The newer super duties are alot better though... It would be nice to get tighter steering though on my van, it's as you guys have said, pretty horrid when trying to do a U turn. I don't have 4x4 so it seems like it'd be an easier job...

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i heard that the newer trucks with the coil springs could turn tighter. those leaf springs are stupid simple but really seem to limit things

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you mean to tell me that you crew cab owners cant do a 3 point turn?:rotflmao :rotflmao pitiful!:rotflmao i can do it with both of my trucks ;Sweet

U turns with the dually aint a problem either.i just turn the wheel all the way and smash the go pedal;burnout ;burnout

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
ditto on the SD turning radius. i'd bet an OBS CC LB would equal or beat my SC LB SD in a u-turn contest. my reg cab '86 will out turn a '90s GM of the same wheelbase though.

adelyser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, having the TTB setup in my Bronco and F-250, I've wondered about my turning radius on the truck. My front wheels on the Bronco will turn further than the truck. I removed the steering stops on the truck, and I'm at the limit of the steering box now, or so it seems. I've still got a good bit of clearance between the front leaf-springs and the tire, just wish it would go further. I plan on investigating this further here shortly when it warms up a little.

It is much easier to make u-turns with all the snow we've had recently thou, kinda like it!

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
hmm, well i hear ya'll on that bad turning radius, i just take my time, turn around if i need too, hahaha a little roadblock never hurt anyone, right? i use up a country mile on a u-turn though, my big ol' tires dont help any i'm thinkin. LOL though i kind of like 94f450's ideas bout turnin' around....

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My gasser used to turn considerably tighter than any other TTB F250 I'd driven or been around, possibly because it started life as an ex cab and there was something set up differently in the steering stops on that D50. My diesel, well, if it wasn't for snow and the rear end, it'd be 40 acres at every turn.
The 05+ 4x4 Super Duties turn extremely tight, our 05 at work will out turn my work van, which is a 94 E150, and it turns pretty dang sharp as it is.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those little approach ramps on the side walks are for us not the wheelchairs.

Muddinkev44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have a dana 60 use shims out of a lift kit to rotate your pinion up..... when I put my lift on I noticed a little better turning radius and I think that is why....it wasn't much but it was noticable

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
Shoot, I only have a shortbox crew, but with those leafs up front i've done some 5 or more point turns. The '05+ have the coils and turn as good as a F-150.

Still, I like the bronco the best, Uturn in 2.5lanes.

Adrianspeeder

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Shoot, I only have a shortbox crew, but with those leafs up front i've done some 5 or more point turns. The '05+ have the coils and turn as good as a F-150.

Still, I like the bronco the best, Uturn in 2.5lanes.

Adrianspeeder

yea my 78 bronco would spank anything else i had for turning radius.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I had a 67 GMC 1 ton dually long wheel base that could turn around in 2.5 lanes if you had the muscles to turn it LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online