Trying to upgrade DD on a budget

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Maybe that's it. Most of the ones that I worked on must have been half tons. It's been way too long and I didn't care enough to remember.

Zion

Reaction score
If it ends up going that way I think I have a place you could store your truck not far from campus, over by the fairgrounds. Just lemme know.
I might be willing to take you up on that offer, but I’ve got a few other options I’m checking out at the moment. I’ll certainly be in contact if the opportunity arises

THSIM9

Reaction score
I do not have much to offer in the way of advice but wanted to wish you luck with your goals. I took on a similar project in 2017. I shipped a 1991 F250 7.3 idi ZF-5 from Arizona to New York when I was stationed up there. It had been sitting for 5 years and I spent about 4 months and a few thousand dollars making it reliable and upgrading it in the barracks parking lot, so I understand your struggles and goals. I was able to snag a turbo kit on the cheap and got it installed with blood, sweat, and a craftsman mechanics set in the parking lot. I had the luxury of the ZF-5 already but the turbo was a real eye opener. I drove the truck pulling a Uhaul trailer ~3,000 miles back home to Arizona at the end of all that and continued to daily drive it for another 2 years without issue. With some tenacity and a little luck I am sure you can get to where you want to be.