Turning Radius

hahn_rossman

Hahn Rossman
Reaction score
Does anybody have a newer truck and an IDI that could measure the pitman arm length?

I'm trying to get back over to my friend's house during the daylight hours to compare and contrast what changed between 1984 and 1997... Of course daylight hours are a wee biy limited here in the PNW. Sigh

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my buddy has an 02 international 2 car carrier 21' deck.this thing will do a Uturn at the end of a street without touching the curbs or backing up.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
my buddy has an 02 international 2 car carrier 21' deck.this thing will do a Uturn at the end of a street without touching the curbs or backing up.

I believe it, when they build useful trucks they keep in mind that people actually have to drive the things, the wheels like turn completely sideways...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rich-
that has to do with a couple of things. first, IH makes a very good chassis for inter-urban use. secondly, the wheelbase has much to do with a tight turning radius also. if the rear axle is set foward enough, it can do tight turns but at the expense of heavier load capacity. my rig is a 24' deck on a 33k chassis. nothing small or gentle about the darn truck. here's a pic with my CC on the deck just for a visual reference on the sizecookoo

Attachments

• 05-31-06_1043.jpg
    05-31-06_1043.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 10