turned the fuel up

tbryga

Reaction score
;Sweet i turned the fuel up on my 87 6.9 diesel 1/4 of an inch,i got alot more power and alot of smoke

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Good for you, now you can waste more $3.50/Gal fuel! All that black smoke is just unburned fuel.

Do you have a pyro?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good for you, now you can waste more $3.50/Gal fuel! All that black smoke is just unburned fuel.

Do you have a pyro?

Killjoy. LOL

I second the emphasis on the pyro. If you don't have one, you'll be sorry.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
;Sweet i turned the fuel up on my 87 6.9 diesel 1/4 of an inch,i got alot more power and alot of smoke

Pyrometer?? Turbo?? Becareful. An NA IDI can and will make dangerously high EGTs with a stock pump. If you add more fuel this will happen more and more often. Without a pyro......you don't know when to shut it off/back off the throttle. -Flame Thr :shocked: ;Poke

Heath

FordGuy100

Reaction score

Do you have a pyro?

Its totally worth it ;Sweet :D . But when it comes time to fill up it kinda sucks, but other than that let her rip (if you have a pyro).

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Is funny, what turns a 16 YO's crank!:D

You better believe it :D. I really need one of those bumber stickers that say "black smoke dont mean its broke" cause I've had a few people at school tell me my truck smokes to much for it to be a good runner. Obviously I have to sit there and sum up what it is in a minute or two going to class and tell them there wrong.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To the general public (myself included) a truck belching black smoke just makes you look like an idiot....

We have a local guy here with a Dodge with stacks, thinks it's cool to smoke out every intersection he stops at...... Heaven help him if he ever needs me to tow him... I'd pull up, see the truck and leave.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's certainly politically incorrect anymore, which is why I think I like it. I don't think it makes anybody look like an idiot, but it does make you look like a menace, which is also a plus. LOL

RedTruck

Reaction score
It's certainly politically incorrect anymore, which is why I think I like it. I don't think it makes anybody look like an idiot, but it does make you look like a menace, which is also a plus. LOL

And all this time I thought Mel put his halo on the bed stand every night.

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score

Amen to that. Why someone would be caught up on what another person thinks of them is beyond me. If it's not PC to have a smoker, well I'm sure going to have to crank up my VE pump when I get home.

Okumaguru

Reaction score
smokin

I have to agree with some and disagree with others. I am a little over 16 and it give me a major "*****" to see and smell diesel smoke. The first thing I did when I got my diesel Rabbit going was grind the piece off of the fuel screw and turn it up just a little so people could tell it was a DIESEL.
My 2 cents worth.
Tim

kcw12

CrazedCountryRebel
Reaction score
Reminds me of when i was a kid. We would be going down the interstate and pop would go look at that truck pull. And it'd be a big rig just belching out the black smoke, unburnt diesel, Small animals, a chair or two. It was a glorious site. With all these tree hugging hippies, al gore and his global warming (it was 5 out this morning yes 5 above 0 and thats not celcius either), the epa wanting to make more money off of us, we cant have our fun anymore. And all of this is to blame on the sea otters, stupid sea otters

Attachments

• 1200247289176.jpg
    1200247289176.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online