Turbo Timer

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Nope but I thought about one a few years ago. With a pyro gauge it's not needed since I can clearly see when my EGTs are at 300*F. IMO it's a waste of money.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an Isspro Turbo Temp Monitor and I love it. I just park and go, no waiting for the EGT's to cool, the TTM just idles it for me and shuts her down. You can adjust it too. Stock it is set at 350, but think I'm going to adjust it down to 300. You must have a pyro for the thing to work as well. Otherwise, how can it tell what the EGT's are. I got my for $125. It's on a toggle on the dash. That way, if I have oil pressure or water temp issues and need to shut it down NOW, I don't have to wait for the TTM.:D

Here are a few photos:
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Heath

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I got me one of these. One of the diesel gearheads at my church hooked me up with the turbo pre-post luber system.;Sweet

FordGuy100

Reaction score
at what temp do you feel it's safe to turn off?

I wait until 300* if I'm in a hurry, and will go below that if not. Like I will park and idle, get all my things together (weither its books and stuff during school, or lunch tools and knife for work). By then, its usually around 275*. My thermocoupler is in the exhaust manifold between the 4th and 6th cylinders.