Turbo recommendations?

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flatbed has been really smokey since it got the baby swamps and a PHP put on it.

Gots to thinking maybe it's time to freshen up a turbo as mine looks original (258k).wheel shows signs of age and it has a little bit of play. I have a spare that seems nice and tight but was wondering if one of those fancy wheels would make a difference?

Thought about the 1.0 housing too but from what I read I think I'd like the 1.15 better if I intercool it plus I have stock wheels and 4.10's so most of the time my RPMs are higher

DieselDc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1.0 is fine. 1.+ no low end for your baby swamps.

Kcturbo / dieselsite to clean it up good.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You can use the 1.0.
With a intercooler you will really want the 1.0. Not sure where you read that at, but I think you mixed them up.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

DieselDc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mixed what up?

.84 is stock - good low/top end
1.0 this is what I would get as stated above b/c it’s a compromise btwn the two with good egt, good low and top end
1.+ you lose low end b/c you simply don’t have enough ponies for this - super slow spool up. Full race car then sure or street/hot injectors will do fine with 1.10.

I have 1.10 (or 1.25 I forget) on my Dt360 and there ain’t nothing slow or laggy about the s400 it’s pushing (600hp)...

Correct me if I’m wrong but velocity of exhaust gas increases as you go smaller (.84) which allows fast spool up etc etc etc.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

Last edited:

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock is turbine housing is 1.15..... 1.0 will choke it off a bit on the top but ditch the smoke at the bottom from a quicker spool.

If I had big tires and highway gears I'd go for a .84 since you'd be in the bottom of the RPMs most of the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
He doesnt know much about obs engines. Lol
Could always leave it the way it is and do a drop in turbo....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk