Turbo Oil lines....

bblaweless

Diesel Kid
Reaction score
hey everyone!
finally got my hands on a factory turbo setup off my buddies 94....for my 92 7.3
ive almost got everything i need, except for a banks downpipe...the factory one is ridiculous...also need a boost gauge.
only thing im still unsure on is the oil line setup.
i know for the supply line i can just T into the sending unit, no big deal. but im not sure where i am to run the drain line to....can anyone shed some light on this? if youve done it before...whats the best setup here.
cheers
Benny

bblaweless

Diesel Kid
Reaction score
one more thing to add. Not sure if i would like to do this, but if ive got everything out already, is it worth adjusting the wastegate to allow for more boost? ive read that 10lbs is the max for an NA idi....if its worth it, how do i go about it?
if its not worth it/safe...i wont touch it
thnx

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you dont drill the dimples in the rod it will twist off. The mounting pedestal is the drain. And I have seal kits with IH grommets'

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here are some pics. first pic is the hole for the drainback and the hole punched inside

You must be registered for see images attach

the next two pics are the bottomside of the intake pan. there's three layers actual, the punch hole from the top is covered by the layer you see here at the bottom.

bblaweless

Diesel Kid
Reaction score
So I only need to punch the one hole inside the drain back hole? I dont need to remove the whole intake pan....awesome