Turbo intake

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you guys are tired of my headgasket/stud questions haha, so here's something different, I welded up a custom intake at work today. Came out pretty good considering it's my second time welding aluminum.

You must be registered for see images attach

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So, What are your plans for this modification to the intake... Nice weld job for a new guy too. I'm guessing your going to run some boost thru this so my suggestion is get some dye check penatrant to see if there are any cracks. Its a 3 part spray can deal. You clean it. Then spray on the red penatrant. Let it sit. then was it off with the cleaner or just water. Then spary it with the developer. Thats the fun stuff. It hits the metal like a clear laquior but drys to a white powder fast. Any cracks will have the red developer down in them and that white stuff sucks it up. It shows very clearly any cracks.

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do. That was my main concern with this. And so far I have a 6.0 intercooler all bolted up in the truck and I have mocked up the exhaust, so really I just have to throw the motor back together and bolt the turbo up, the only thing I haven't quite figured is how I want to run the oil feed/drain. Here's a few pics of the intercooler... Don't know why my pictures always come up sideways.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will do. That was my main concern with this. And so far I have a 6.0 intercooler all bolted up in the truck and I have mocked up the exhaust, so really I just have to throw the motor back together and bolt the turbo up, the only thing I haven't quite figured is how I want to run the oil feed/drain. Here's a few pics of the intercooler... Don't know why my pictures always come up sideways.

Because they come out sideways...load them to photobucket and link them...you can spin em if needed and it's super easy to do.

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That involves an extra step... I'm too lazy for that

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
theres an app for that..and it works so nice...pics full size and no issues with LINKS NOT WORKING! ;Poke

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if those links of the intercooler don't work see if these will...

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"I dig it. about the same plan i have for the intake when i "freshen" up a spare 7.3 this winter"

Ya it was pretty easy if you have access to a tig welder at work haha. Or at home... I'm not that lucky though.

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a spool gun at work im pretty handy with, as long as the aluminum isnt too porus or infused with oil, if it gets messed up ill give my extra one to my buddy to tig

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk