Turbo ID

oleblue85

Reaction score
Did you make the intake? It is giving me ideas for my truck. Where does your oil drain back into the engine?

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
im trading for this truck next Wednesday and its on it i dont really know any more details then the truck ran fantastic and the turbo sounded good

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like that setup purely because the turbo has easy access...i dont think it is an efficient setup tho...all your drive pressure is off one bank...but yet again in saying that it would be an easy upgradeable setup

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
i like that setup purely because the turbo has easy access...i dont think it is an efficient setup tho...all your drive pressure is off one bank...but yet again in saying that it would be an easy upgradeable setup

umm...no...it has a cross over pipe just like any other turbo setup

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's definatly a psycho billy kit like mine, i wanna geuss it's a rayjay manifold with a scavanged turbo and the rest was homemade.. If you ever sell that kit or sell the whole truck maybe after your supercab resto is done, let me know i want dibs now if possable.. Can't wait to see more pics and info after you get it..

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I'll bet typ4 will know what it is. I have seen something simalar in the wrecking yards but not exactly like this one. This does have a crossover exhaust from the other side of the engine feeding it. Thats really the only way these turbos could work at all. Unless you had one on each cylinder bank... Wow... Wouldn't that be cool...

runkeeg26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any possible way of getting two of these manifolds and just running 2 independent little turbos? It would spool up really quick! and still be easier to get to things then the single factory turbo. Then you would also not have to have a cross over pipe? or would you? Just send both into a hat independently like above and then it would even out even if the pressure is not even from the 2 of them. And would look wicked cool! haha

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Corky Bells turbo book has a pic of an IDI manifold in it that had a setup that would have ended up there. Nice bend they made off the comp hsg, would be hard to machine for a bigger wheel tho, wouldnt fit in the lathe very well.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Corky Bells turbo book has a pic of an IDI manifold in it that had a setup that would have ended up there. Nice bend they made off the comp hsg, would be hard to machine for a bigger wheel tho, wouldnt fit in the lathe very well.

Now im gunna have to look in my copy haha.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
Gary...that setup is in the works...

Im thinkin eventually the turbo itself may get replaced. Guy claims it will pull 6-7lbs of boost with no load on the highway