Tuners

SD70Ace

Big yellow Diesels
Reaction score
Now, I got my 4 inch exhaust,AFE air filter on the way,new 3inch down pipe ready to be installed. Ive been reading about tuners/programmers. Wich are the best and easiest to use(as in installtion and lots of black smoke and not so much black smoke and towing ect)? And wheres the best place to install an thermocoupler for the pyrometer while Im installing the down pipe?

Roland_Jenkins

Señor Member
Reaction score
Installed mine on the drivers side exhaust manifold. If you lay under the truck you can spot the spot where it will go.

As for tuners . . its still being debated. On my 01 I have the older two stage superchip tuner set on tow mode.

Gives me the same mpg as stock but a very noticeable increase in omph. Some black smoke when towing heavy if I lug it down.

The higher setting I lose 2 mpg but the sotp difference is very noticeable.

Jeep1947

Reaction score
As far as tunes go some of the best are Tony Wildman and DP they have a good rep. Tell Tony what mods are done to your truck and he custom burns the chip for you also he will reburn if needed.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Well I've Had my TW for two years. I've had no complaints in the programs, but I've been trying for the last two weeks to get a hold of him for a reburn, with no luck. If I had to do it again, I would talk to Jody and Diane at DP Tuner.

Jeep1947

Reaction score
Just keep trying he will get back with you he always does. Jody and Diane are great to deal with also and have a good set of tunes.

SD70Ace

Big yellow Diesels
Reaction score
Does the Wildman and DP have those cute little monitors with them too? Like
Edge and other have?

parttime379ex

Reaction score
DP Tuner!!!best service all the way around great people to deal with and 100% stands behind his products.now he has the new F6 which can downlad new programs from your home.had his tunes on my 97 and now if he just did something for the cummins i would have his tunes on it.

Jeep1947

Reaction score
Hey u guys trying to get in touch with Tony, his daughter has a tumor on her frontal lobe surgery scheduled for Thursday. Check his website tomorrow for info on who will be covering for him for the orders and backlog. Found this on Ford Truck Enthusiast Website. Everyone pray for her and her doctors. Thaks

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
stay away from tuners,get a wildman or dp chip.i run wildman programs and love them.havent tried any dp programs but havent heard anything bad about them.you will not get much black smoke with stock injectors.a max increase of 75HP with stock injectors.if all youre after is black smoke,dont waste your money till you upgrade the injectors.the afe was a waste of money,shouldve bought a tymar or done the DIY tymar type filter.i have my pyro probe in the drivers side exhaust manifold with the probe pointed directly into an exhaust port.i get my egts right as the exhuast comes out of the cylinder.