truck taking fuel slower than usual

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there a screen or something in the fuel neck that could be clogged? My truck is extrememly difficult to fill up. more than usual... i actually went as far as removing the vent tube and filling the tank up with wmo that way.. I had to crack the fuel cap so the pressure didnt build up. but if i took the cap off, it would spill wmo out of the filler neck. so , that makes me think it might somehow be extrememly restricted in flow( more than just usual).

i had put about 15 gal of wmo mix in the tank and went to fill the rest with #2 diesel. and it was clicking off the whole time. i could only get about 2 gallons in there before i gave up..

any suggestions?

thanks

stumiister

Diesel Truck Tech
Reaction score
If you were filling the front tank then yes there is a problem with the vent system.
No there isnt a screen in the filler neck,
My truck has the same problem there is a mod that you can do to the vent hose on the front tank just search the forum I just remember what its called or how to get the link to it.

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
even popping off that vent tube(the one more towards the front of the truck) entirely on the top of the tank doesnt help at all. so that makes me think there is another problem

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the 2" filler hose to see if it's kinked, or take it off completely and check it, may be collapsied inside it.

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you removed the vent from the tank to check to see if the check ball isnt stuck.

i looked at it... it seems to move up and down. i dont know other than that. but like i said. even with it completely removed it was still filling up like crap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaryB

Members online