Truck shut off, electrical???

Classicfordguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that my truck is back home (thank you guys for the help identifiing the fuel sulinoid) I need to figure out what went wrong.

I was sitting at a stoplight the other day when I smelled a simular smell to melting rubber, next thing I knew the truck shut off. Tried to restart but no go.

I jumpered the fuel sulinoid on the injection pump to get it home but still dont know what could have fried. The wait to start light does not come on at all so no glow plugs and the fuel sulinoid is obviously not getting power. Any ideas where to check first? Are there fuses other than the tiny panel just below and to the left of the steering wheel? All the other electrical works, lights, windows, radio etc.

I hate electrical!

Thanks,

-Rob

fuzzy1626

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should be a Power Distribution Box under the hood driver side fender. Don't know if that is what you need.

Jake S.

clueless...
Reaction score
My rig is older,but I have a connector by the heater box/oil dipstick that is the main harness for the motor. There was a melted fuselink there that caused a problem like yours. The link was on the body side of the connector and fed power to the ip and glow controller.

Classicfordguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like what it might be since all I lost were the glow plugs and fuel sulinoid. What do the fuse links look like? Not sure I would know one if I looked at it. Is it just inline in a wire or are there several wires going into it?

Thanks,

-Rob

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger