Truck repair saga, semi-carnage pics

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
I've been following too. I wish I was a patient as you when it comes to doing the wiring.
I am currently sans job so I understand about the financial situation. I recently had several pieces of valve stem seals come out with the oil during a change. I don't have the money to pull the heads and have them worked.
I do have a spare engine and eventually it will get swapped in.
The bad part is, that this is my only vehicle at this point.
So I am following towcats advice and trying to get the other engine ready for a quick swap while monitoring this one while I continue driving it. Another bad point is I lost use of the A frame that I had of my uncles. He traded it off and the guy came and got it.
Anyway, you do nice work and your perfectionist side definitely shows! LOL;Sweet
Don't give up unless you are just forced to financially.

blackflag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep the truck. You've put all this effort into and if you sell it someone else will benefit from your hard work. They're not worth near the money to someone else that they are to us, you may as well enjoy the fruits of your labor. And, like the others, I've followed your build and have learned from it. I didn't post either until now, but I read all of yours and looked at all the photos. So, thanks for your efforts, we have been paying attention.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Well, after being utterly disgusted wit the truck i didnt touch or so much as look at it for quite a while. Today i decided to get back to workin on it. Todays project was to install the rear fuel tank...sounds simple enough...right?

After muscling the tank in place, then the skid plate/straps i notice the PLASTIC fuel lines are all bent and stuff. Drop the tank again, straighten everything out and put the tank back up. Get everything buttoned up and go to slide the fuel filler neck in. Cant get in to tightenen up the clamp so the tank comes down yet again. Slide the filler rubber neck on the tank, and finagle the tank back up again. Get everything buttoned up, metal filler neck on, go to check the PLASTIC fuel lines and they are all kinked again, but at least i can get em straight. After fiddling around with them i noticed a clangin when i move the PLASTIC fuel lines...the pick up assembly some how worked loose and the ring it out of its spot...great. so i get that back on, still a little loose but oh well.

So simply putting a tank in required dropping it back down 3 or 4 times i lost count. And the PLASTIC fuel lines are all kinked now so i dont even think i can use the dam rear tank. But thats fine, i dont care its gunna stay that way. Tomorrow im gunna put everything back together, clean the bed out of all the old parts and gt it out the garage...whatever breaks from here on out will stay broken till i get to it.

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, after being utterly disgusted wit the truck i didnt touch or so much as look at it for quite a while. Today i decided to get back to workin on it. Todays project was to install the rear fuel tank...sounds simple enough...right?

After muscling the tank in place, then the skid plate/straps i notice the PLASTIC fuel lines are all bent and stuff. Drop the tank again, straighten everything out and put the tank back up. Get everything buttoned up and go to slide the fuel filler neck in. Cant get in to tightenen up the clamp so the tank comes down yet again. Slide the filler rubber neck on the tank, and finagle the tank back up again. Get everything buttoned up, metal filler neck on, go to check the PLASTIC fuel lines and they are all kinked again, but at least i can get em straight. After fiddling around with them i noticed a clangin when i move the PLASTIC fuel lines...the pick up assembly some how worked loose and the ring it out of its spot...great. so i get that back on, still a little loose but oh well.

So simply putting a tank in required dropping it back down 3 or 4 times i lost count. And the PLASTIC fuel lines are all kinked now so i dont even think i can use the dam rear tank. But thats fine, i dont care its gunna stay that way. Tomorrow im gunna put everything back together, clean the bed out of all the old parts and gt it out the garage...whatever breaks from here on out will stay broken till i get to it.
Just like the first time I pull my rear tank. Welcome to the club.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
PLASTIC fuel lines? come on lol. I can see a foot maybe do it can flex but not the entire run (from pick up to tank selector switch). Me thinks it'll get replaced with rubber fuel line soon. Odd because i snagged a pair of steel fuel lines from a 92-94 F-350 from the junkyard. And the ends are braided flex hose...looks to me like its stainless steel. But that would be a job n a half to install right now.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
I wish i could. My garage is space limited, bed is full of junk and there's 6"of snow, ice and water in the yard. Come summer i may just do so and replace the PLASTIC is either the hard lines or rubber if i dont do it this week.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
No work update but i recieved my return lines from Russ a while ago (ordered the newet style) so i had to go to the junkyard and get the 3 way fiting for the rear. No biggie but as soon as im done with my dads im gunna throw those parts on and see if it helps.

Supposed to be 4* Sunday morning so ill give it a good start up attempt and see how it goes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online