Truck for sale

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I know its been a while since I have been on here. Been really busy. Anyway the old IDI is for sale. Trying to get around $4000 for it if possible. I have about $8000 in it. Here is what I have done to it in the last year.

New clutch, dual mass flywheel
4" lift with completely new front end
new radiator
new water pump

The IP was recently replaced when I bought it and I estimate it has about 50,000 on it. The transfer case also was done around the same time by the previous owner. The motor and tranny are all orignal.

Info:

1993 F250 4wd
7.3 IDI non-turbo, ZF5 5 speed tranny
Manual Superlift hubs
360,000 miles

I have been using it as a work truck and drive it everyday. Trying to get a newer work truck with all the miles I drive. The price is flexable and I can email pics if needed. I hold the title so bring cash. Let me know.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's this? Your selling your AWARD WINNING IDI? And buying a WHAT? Prepare for a good Swonking if you answer wrong. :backoff

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea Mel I hate to say it but I am getting a Powerchoke. The toolboxes aren't included cause well I need them. Most of my pics are too big to upload but here are a couple if you want more email me at [email protected]. These pics are before I did the lift.

Attachments

• IMG_1552.JPG
    IMG_1552.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1555.JPG
    IMG_1555.JPG
    849 KB · Views: 10

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
****** S W O N K ! ! ! ! ******

Hangs head in shame....

And here I thought we were a good influence on you last summer. :Knob

82fordtruck

Reaction score
Well, since you already got swonked - might as well buy a GMC!!!

Get one before Jan 1 and it won't have a particulate filter.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boy, I wish I could be punished like that...hurt so good!!! ;Really
To each his own...:rolleyes: I'm not brand-loyal to Ford, but other than that '59 Caddy ambulance I want (and the first thing I'd do with that Caddy is put a Mopar block in there :D), there's just about no way you could give me the pink slip to a GM vehicle...

That said, why do you own a Ford? I get the impression that you actively dislike your truck... :confused:

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
To each his own...:rolleyes: I'm not brand-loyal to Ford, but other than that '59 Caddy ambulance I want (and the first thing I'd do with that Caddy is put a Mopar block in there :D), there's just about no way you could give me the pink slip to a GM vehicle...

That said, why do you own a Ford? I get the impression that you actively dislike your truck... :confused:

Price was right and the drive train is good. I don't like the minor crap around it I guess. That being said, I would not want to use a new truck for what this one gets used for, hauling and pulling. For what it does, it does ok but I don't have the passion about it you and many others seem to possess. They just aren't that great to me, but merely a tool. The last vehicle I had that I really enjoyed was a 94 Chevy Silverado extended cab. That was one of those vehicles that I just liked to drive and had no problems with. I also had a 66 and 67 GTO and was somewhat passionate about them, but I just don't feel like this truck has anything to make me really cheer for. As far as actively disliking it, no, it's not that bad but if I could afford a new Dmax, that is what I would have. While unlike others, I could go buy one financially tomorrow, I just don't care to feed one on my 100 mile drive each day. That said, I have NEVER been a Ford fan, most likely never will. One of the best days in my mechanic experience was when the garage owner vowed we would take in no more Ford products, this coming from a retired Ford service manager. I have seen some of the stupid things they do and my father dealt with them for years. Things like the small wiring for lights, crappy firewall, clutch bushings etc. not to mention the newer slave cylinder arrangement, IVR, worthless gauges, dana 44 TTB that is long gone on mine, and just mainly purely poor design pot metal pedal brackets etc. Somethings I like, such as the engine and drive train being so simple, but I don't give Ford credit for that as it wasn't designed by them. I have had GM's exclusively for many years, as did my family. My father in law is a die hard Ford fan, he has a 92 that has had the clutch bushing (if you want to call that little plastic POS a bushing) replaced more times than I care to admit. It's not expensive and I can do it pretty quick from so much experience, just unnecessary in my book.

Oh, and at this point, I have fixed most of what Ford screwed up, so I don't actively dislike my truck. Matter of fact, I sometimes even enjoy driving it...just don't tell my father in law!!!

Last edited:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howsabout we put this Truck for sale ad in the Marketplace. ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7