Truck for sale!

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well time to get rid of the truck. Come to find out the engine has blowby and needs a rebuild and its cheaper for me to sell and get another. I've found a 85 F250 xlt ex. cab with 6.9 and c6 behind it for $1200 in great shape, the only problem is the glow plug controller was bad and broke off when taking out but he has a new to go with it. Whats the easy way to get it out being plastic. Tim

sassyrel

Reaction score
the bottom piece in the block-is aluminum--just the top is plastic-depending on who and how that one was put in--drain the coolant--drill for larger easy out--and remove--the ones that snap-on have--that have a spiral around the outside--found to be about the best-only the ridgid brand ones with a splined rod and remover piece are better--and more expense also--

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deeproots, I'll take 1200 for it so when I buy the 85 I won't lose any. I've got almost 1700 in the truck. I drive it everyday but it drinks the fuel has a woof woof sound out the oil cap and dipstick and smokes white. I'll get pics. this weekend. I will meet you in Ga. if you want it, I use to live over there. Tim

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
I will say the body is in about an 7 maybe 8 out of 10.Way higher than a truck of this age should be.Brand new return line kit installed by the swonkaholic himself.I can tell ya too,it still has some balls.Hauled the truck previously known as Whitehorses(84 F350 standard cab dually) on the back of a quite overweight backhoe trailer.......with one chain holding it on and no parking brake......we ain't the brightest of heavy hauler......Old Misterbill would have stroked out if he had been here! but it did pretty good for a N/A IDI with a few miles under her belts.

On a side note!I wish one of these dang hail storms would hit my truck hard and total it out.......Love the lil ranger but there is another F250 standard cab local with 6.9 I want but for substantially more money.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Well,pretty much the only reason I did was to save my credit.Couldn't sell the damn 2000 F250,Couldn't afford to feed it driving 60 miles a day at 12MPG,and was having issues engine wise(got really really close to letting it get Repoed).Traded it in for the Danger Ranger.Same payments(Yuck,much higher interest rate due to no co-signer this time),23 miles per gallon,and hopefully I can sell it for atleast pay off in the next year or so.