Truck doing something weird

farriswheel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the past week or so, my truck has been acting up. every once in a while when i take off, it will kind of bump, as if i was going over pot holes, and then jerk the wheel slightly to the left. It did this when i turned onto a street, i was in 3rd when i turned. It did it all the way to 40mph, i held in 3rd, it kept doing it. i put it in 5th, and it quit. I have no idea whats going on. I had my ball joints replaced recently, and the place told me my tie rod ends were bad? could those be the problem? or maybe they did something wrong with the ball joints?

Thanks

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sounds like something is ready to let go. Probably a good idea to take it in and have things looked at. You know the problems but don't wait forit to break. That could take you acros traffic or put you in a ditch...

farriswheel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well its my wheel bearing, or so i was told. there was plenty of play in the wheel. I got new ones today. are they hard to put in? me and my dad are going to do it. He said he's done it on a 2 wheel drive, but doesnt know how much different mine will be

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online