Truck doesn't track straight

Boobylinks

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what are the possible causes for a tendency of my truck to not steer straight?

I get the gut feeling that the power steering pump is the culprit here because:
Turning the steering wheel from lock-to-lock sometimes cures the problem, temporarily. Sometimes it disappears on its own while driving down the highway, only to return a few minutes later. When the problem subsides, the truck tracks straight with no pull, even with hands off. Then minutes later the problem returns, and there is a slight pull to the right once again. So far I've had the:

Right hand caliper replaced. Steering gearbox replaced. Input and output steering gearbox lines replaced, PS pump belt tension tightened. Both front shocks replaced. Drag link and tie rod greased. Left side tie rod ball joint replaced. Wheel toe-in adjusted (1/16th inch toe in). Front tires inflated equally (80 psi). Wheel lug nuts torqued to spec. Right side cone and needle wheel bearings and races replaced and packed with grease. Right side spindle nut adjusted (no wheel play). I even had the hub temperatures checked and both front hubs are within three degrees of one another.

If these following components were possible culprits, which would one rank as most likely and how do I verify such:

1. Friction due to a defective manual front locking hub.
2. Axle half shaft binding due to worn out u-joint.
3. Steering gearbox valve piston unbalanced due to high pressure return line restriction.
4. Camber misalignment due to worn out or incorrectly adjusted axle kingpins.
5. Damaged drag link.
6. Inadequate power steering pump pressure due to weak, leaking or obstructed power steering pump.
6. Other.