trouble finding 38 gallon rear tank

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
a couple year ago i replaced the rear tank on the blue truck with a big 38 gallon tank. now i want to do the same thing on my dually but im having trouble finding one now. i dont remember where i got the other one either. dumb thing was they sent me 2 of them so i sent the one back!! of course they all say they wont work for diesel. i want to put my wvo in it. anybody know where i can find one?? also, will a superduty 38 gallon side mount tank mount up to our trucks??? i gues i should jut look at dad SD and figure that one out...

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DragRag, those are 33-gallons, I got one in my truck now. The 38-gal unit is an aftermarket thing, IIRC other than LMC Jeff's Bronco Graveyard carries them too.

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
it was some company i never heard of but found online searching. their price was quite reasonable and didnt charge oversize shipping either. i cant find them now. jeffs was incredible expensive!! lmc isnt terrible but isnt cheap either.

trapper

Boom Boom
Reaction score

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That 38-gallon tank is seriously expensive!!! The 33-gal Bronco tank on the other hand is right around the same price as a factory replacement tank, maybe like $20 more expensive, and it still ups the tank capacity by nearly 75%...

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
ebay. good ole ebay. just ordered a front tank for $66 delivered brand new. theres A1 autoparts that has 38 gal tanks for $174 free shipping. they say they cant be ued on dieel trucks. well so did the one i put on the blue truck 2 year ago. i made my own sending unit and all is well. so thats what im doing this time too! jut hate putting so much money into a truck i dont plan on keeping more than a few years. who knows, maybe i will by the time i get it set up the way i want it! thank for the help guys!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got one off of ebay, new from taiwan or some other place for like $60 shipped. :dunno

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
Check Car-part.com and search for the 85/86 F250. I found alot of em in my area for around $30.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
these guys don't have 38 gallon,but they have 33 gallon poly tanks if you want one that will never rust out again:
http://www.ineedparts.com/product-i...c-gas-tanks-pages/plastic-gas-tanks-ford.html

iv got the 23 gallon front tank
(my truck had it,and i replaced it with the same due to a hole.)
i plan on getting the standard 19 gallon (i wouldn't want to haul so much extra weight in fuel around for anything,as i don't travel that far without stopping.) size poly tank from these guys for the rear so i'll have dual rust proof poly's.:)

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Ok say i get me a big honking 38 gallon fuel tank, were do i get me a working fuel sending unit?

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok say i get me a big honking 38 gallon fuel tank, were do i get me a working fuel sending unit?

you wouldn't want one dyoung.you like going fast.:D
that 260+ lbs of fuel (thats just @ 7 lbs per gallon-seems some claim diesel can reach 7.5 lbs per gallon via a quick search.) on her ars end,would hurt your take off speed.;Sweet
remember,shedding weight is like adding hp.

however filling that sucker up in snow country would really help get some traction.its in the perfect spot for it,right behind the rear axle.

Last edited:

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
check the car-part site and see if they have the sending unit with the tanks, OR check out autopartsdeal.com they have the sending units and new straps for pretty cheap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online