treadwright tires

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
30K on my 89 F250 4wd. Did not get them with the kedge grip.

Loved those tires, just looked funny with the michelin LTX m/s sidewall :D

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pirate 4x4 has some great feedback, even a warranty case too! I love mine - great tires, I would buy them again without a second thought.

You must be registered for see images attach

You can ask for a specific sidewall - I asked for BFG casings and that is what I got, can't tell the difference between a re-tread and the real thing.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Got a set that I have run on my 94 F350 and now my 03 F350. Love them but they are loud and will remind you that they are an aggressive tire.

I have had no real issues with them at all. Pulled and loaded them up many times.

Got 30,000 miles on mine and two are wore to 1/4 inch due to me being Iraq and not home to rotate them (I know...).

I actually just ordered two new ones yesterday to rotate into the mix. The old two are going on my 87 F350.

Thad

ohiozj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was looking for a set of those for my truck but they werent available in my size. so i had to get the real thing.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Pirate 4x4 has some great feedback, even a warranty case too! I love mine - great tires, I would buy them again without a second thought.

You can ask for a specific sidewall - I asked for BFG casings and that is what I got, can't tell the difference between a re-tread and the real thing.

they only had Michy casings when i got mine 3 years ago. Really good tire for the money.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
FYI the Guard Dogs are a Goodyear MTR copy...not BFG all terrain.

Thad

rwilles

Reaction score
Around Snow? Get Kedge grip

Purchased a pair for the rear of my crew cab. Have prevented me from having to get out in the snow to lock the front hubs a number of times (Home is +7500 feet, Monument Hill). Its like almost having chains or an extra 1000#s in the bed.

To be honest the quality seemed a little on the questionable side: Tire one: was over 16 ounces out of balance. Tire Two: while inflated to 80# for towing a lug blew off but the tire still held pressure. The replacements have worked great but one casing is exterior checked, as an old tire would be. Treadwright sent a free replacements but did not cover the extra mounting an balancing cost.

I would buy them again just because of the Kedge grip. If i could get new casings with Kedge grip I would buy them. So it something like a 60% for, 40% against situation. :dunno

The cost savings weren't worth the pain in the rear of waiting to have each replacement shipped and having the truck down while waiting.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not afraid to run them on the front for steer tires, two have been on for 8000 miles, no problemo. There on my 99 PSD.

Black dawg

Reaction score
do they limit the age of the casing? Ive seen lots of seperated tires lately, all 5-6 years old.