Transmission Gauge

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
I am wanting to pick up a transmission gauge. I dunno whats a good one. I was looking at some glow shift gauges that come with the sending unit and wire. Where would I mount the temperature sending unit in the transmission?

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Drivers side just in front of the shifter is a test port, the sender will thread in that hole.

gandalf

Reaction score
Pictures are a great thing. Here's one of my truck, showing the location mentioned, as well as a deeper pan with drain plug.

You must be registered for see images attach

gandalf

Reaction score
Where does a Canadian buy that pan, I like it !!! :dunno

I bought mine from the local Ford truck dealer. After all, it's a Ford part.

From an old post on TDS:

Birken Vogt

Reged: 08/16/99
Loc: Penn Valley, Ca
Transmission Deep Pan, Updated Gasket PN #2438793 - 06/11/05 04:49 PM Edit Reply Quote

If you should want the deep oil pan for your E4OD with the drain plug and the reusable gasket, here is the part number for the kit, includes pan, gasket and bolts necessary to do the conversion:

F7TZ-7A194-DA

The pan itself, for the later E4ODs, is a

F81Z-7A194-BA

I had a hard time finding these numbers so I thought I would post it.

Birken

Hope that helps you, and your local dealer has it.

Willie Two

Retired Firefighter
Reaction score
How do I know if I have an older or newer E4OD transmission, I would be special ordering the pan so I want to get it right............ Thanks

gandalf

Reaction score
How do I know if I have an older or newer E4OD transmission, I would be special ordering the pan so I want to get it right............ Thanks

I could be wrong, but I don't think the external parts of the E4OD changed. The internals were updated a bit periodically, but I don't think the case was.

At any rate, I have a '92 whereas you have a '91, according to your sigblock. If it fits on my '92, it should fit your '91. Of course, your local friendly Ford dealer should be able to verify according to the part number.
I requested it, at the parts counter, by number.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score

The updated pan is for the 4R100. This is the one you want. Uses the reusable gasket, no more leaks. The best part is they have a drain plug.:thumbsup:

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I don't think the external parts of the E4OD changed. The internals were updated a bit periodically, but I don't think the case was.

At any rate, I have a '92 whereas you have a '91, according to your sigblock. If it fits on my '92, it should fit your '91. Of course, your local friendly Ford dealer should be able to verify according to the part number.
I requested it, at the parts counter, by number.

You are correct. Externally they are the same. The only change to the case came with the 4R100. A couple of sensors. Thats it.:D