trans temp gauge

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I found it last night, went ahead and put the sensor there and wired it up while I was wiring up the gear vendors. I'll see how it reads over the next couple days.

Thats the one I used. Work great!!

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My power steering hose is about to blow, gonna change it early in the morning and head to Utah. There's a couple good hills that should give me some idea of how the new gauge is working.
Got the cruise control hooked back up today and it wouldn't work. After scratchin my head and cussing for a while, I realized I forgot to connect the two wires where the clutch pedal used to be. Duh!

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got on my list of things to get is a tranny temp gauge. I plan on using two of them, one on my output line from the tranny, and one returning from the tranny. The one leaving the tranny, I have a "T" all set and ready and capped off, and for the return line I have one of those Perma-cool filters mounted on the return with a port off the top.

I really like the idea of flipping a switch to choose between the sensors.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trip to Utah went fine, Gear Vendors is a neat thing to have. I think I would probably rather move the trans temp sender to the pan, just need to have the part welded to it to make it work.
The steepest long grade, I hit 210 on the trans gauge but if I recall, using the port on the side of the trans, is reading more of the case temperature. I also have an exhaust leak at the turbo, that doesnt help when you have 1,000 degree exhaust blowing down the transmission.
This Hypermax exhaust crossover setup is not exactly plug and play, in fact its gonna need some good tweeking to make it fit properly.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Trip to Utah went fine, Gear Vendors is a neat thing to have. I think I would probably rather move the trans temp sender to the pan, just need to have the part welded to it to make it work.
The steepest long grade, I hit 210 on the trans gauge but if I recall, using the port on the side of the trans, is reading more of the case temperature. I also have an exhaust leak at the turbo, that doesnt help when you have 1,000 degree exhaust blowing down the transmission.
This Hypermax exhaust crossover setup is not exactly plug and play, in fact its gonna need some good tweeking to make it fit properly.

Test port readings are internal temps. This is why it's recommended to use it.