Trans Serv. Co. Vague work description.

Tony Stottler

Reaction score
I question the legality of how the company that _outsourced_ the work in my transmission to a sister comany for 1. The receipt shown here states the same as what the manager at the shop told me when I picked up my van. Which is that there were some parts that needed replacing in my transmission. Pictures are of what I believe to be a different transmission entirely. Please share your thoughts goo
You must be registered for see images attach
d or bad. Note the remarks and itemization of expenses.
Thanks.

Tony Stottler

Reaction score
Took it right back to them because the dipstick entry location was leaking. All they would tell me is that they had to reseal a couple things. Is this normal!?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My best guess is they swapped in a rebuilt transmission which is normal practice and nothing I'd be worried about. They pull your transmission, put a rebuilt one in, then ship your old one off to be rebuilt.

I could see the dipstick seal getting nicked on install, was that the only place it was leaking? They shouldn't have had to "reseal a couple things" if the job was done right the first time.

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t get too worked up about it. It’s pretty common for shops to swap transmissions for rebuilds. It’s more cost effective, it gets the customer back on the road faster, and the vehicle doesn’t tie up a bay for days. They stood behind their work, and fixed the leak(s). If they had rebuilt “your” transmission you probably would have been down upwards of a week longer because they’d have to tear it down to see what else was needed, order parts and wait for them, then reassemble and reinstall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Out here shops are Required to detail repairs!
Edit
The Chimerica sysdrome....
SUX

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.