Tranny life

cliff-1972

Reaction score
147K+ with a lot of propane and NOS up to it:D Blew the heads,but the trans keeps going(knock on wood;) )It still has the same TC but the trans has a modified valve body.

pipewhiner

Reaction score
126,000 and completely stock, mostly all towing miles pulling 15k+. i think shes getting a little weak now and will have to start with some upgrades or a BTS in the future

Strokin_A_Duramax

TS Performance Groupie
Reaction score
I think I jinxed myself when I answered this post....It wasn't two weeks after that my TC give up......The truck made it exactly one year and 26,000 miles since new....It has been chipped since 4,000 miles, and lifted since the third day I had it....Ordered a new triple clutch Pro-Loc today....Also ordered all the powerpacks and beef-up parts for the Trans.....It is going to the Dealer Tuesday for my re-build under Warranty......Can't wait....Except for the extra $$$$$ I had to pay....At least I don't have to foot the whole bill......:D

ericthered

Dude, wheres my car??
Reaction score
From my experience stock trannys can last awhile .The 94 IDI Turbo I had was a daily puller of trailers ranging from 1k up to 13k.The only thing I did was drain pan every 12,000 miles with every second drain I would drop pan and change filter. Truck was stock except for a HUGE trans cooler.

Had similar good luck with my 2001 with superchip programmer set at mid HP(80?) Pulled all the time with it and no prob. Once again I added BIG cooler and changed fluid religously.

Dockboy

Reaction score
Originally posted by pipewhiner
126,000 and completely stock, mostly all towing miles pulling 15k+. i think shes getting a little weak now and will have to start with some upgrades or a BTS in the future

Here is a video of my truck with a BTS towing 12k lbs from 0-60:D

Video

:shoot:

Max Power

Reaction score
right click and select save as. Save it on your hard drive then watch it when its done.

probear

AKA pooh :)
Reaction score
Original tranny with 150K, BUT had to replace the TC at 134K. Seems it kinda 'went to pieces', literally.

Trans mods are only the sonnex and tricumulator, as to the engine, I have run propane for a while, and also modified injectors, probably arount 350HP.

Stock converter was the "marbles in a can" flavor, common to the early 99s (Oct 98 build)

Mach1

Reaction score
Mine has 85000 and it is ******..except for pan removal and changes...OEM T/C, OEM Trans....400HP 818 ft lbs...numerous 1/4 [email protected].

The T/C lock-up is weak and half way to Suncoast...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online