tranny issues on dt w? 5speed

ctkiteboarding

Reaction score
ok , i had a pto installed on my truck to power a hyd pump. it seemed that the installer had some problems and had to go from a driver side pto to a passenger side one,,, when i test drove the truck it seem to make a whining noise and does not shift well unlike it used to. what can the deal be? wrong pto ? not meshing well internally? any help would be appreciated R

ctkiteboarding

Reaction score
just spoke to this ass at the dealer again ,,,we pulled the vin its a spicer tranny model es 425a and calls for 80/90w? or so he says does this sound right? and did I do magor damage to this with the syntetic 50w thanks R

ctkiteboarding

Reaction score
just spoke to another repair shop owner and he said its the right fluid and the pto might be shimmed wrong or is just the wrong one??

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
ctkiteboarding said:
just spoke to another repair shop owner and he said its the right fluid and the pto might be shimmed wrong or is just the wrong one??
That's what I'd be going for. Either a fluid weight difference, or shimmed wrong. Either case, synthetic is always a good way to go.

To the other guy, it's not a Ford ZF 5 spd, we're talking an IH with a DT466 and a 5 speed.