Trailer wiring to Goldie.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Dear oilburners,

Well the last minute mad rush has bestowed another brick road.

I HATE WIRING! ARRRGGHHHH!!!-cuss -cuss

Wired up a 4 wire plug to the trailer and I can get turn signals and brake lights brightly.
Running the marker lights and hit the brakes, everything goes out and brake lights are very dim.

Marker lights are there, by themselves, but very dim. I've even gone as far as to secure a wire onto each corner of the trailer in failed attempts to increase the presence of a ground on each panel to no avail.-cuss

As of last night I gave up on it as most all of the traveling will be done during daylight hours but something this simple is really ******* me off and I don't like losing to something like this.

Signed,

Hopless PRTJ candindate in Decatur.:rolleyes:

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Ron I got mine to work properly by mistake :rolleyes: so can't help there. Now You can always make it work by just getting direct 12v and relays connected to the turning and backup lights. Now if the problem is on the trailer side, I would just drive during the day, have a good set of telescopic mirrors and tackle it once You get back home or make it one of the rally's clinic :angel: .

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Dude.... Check out the wiring plugs to make sure something isn't sinking to ground. If you want just hold off and we'll make it a project for Sunday, I'll bring the gloves and beer!

payableondeath6

Impressively Ugly
Reaction score
I HATE WIRING! ARRRGGHHHH!!!-cuss -cuss
I'm with you there ;Sweet I couldn't figure out why the lights wouldn't work on my old horse trailer. Started off checking all the fuses in the owners manual and the Haynes no luck, then completely rewiring and new lights on the trailer and still no luck, bought the tow package harness from Ford ($$) for my old truck (F150) and wired it up with no success, come to find out after some more internet searching that there was another fuse box unmentioned in any manuals that was mounted in the engine compartment and electrical taped over -cuss one burnt fuse fixed everything...figures

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok Ron step way from the truck and trailer. :backoff I will have my meter and test light with me also. There should be enough help at the rally to totaly redo your wiring if needed. As much trouble as you have been having this week. It may be something simple just can't see it for all the agrivation you are looking thru. :dunno

Head up my friend we got your back.;Sweet

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
argve said:
Dude.... Check out the wiring plugs to make sure something isn't sinking to ground. If you want just hold off and we'll make it a project for Sunday, I'll bring the gloves and beer!
;Sweet
Truck wiring is all good. Known fact. It's all in the trailer I'm sure.

Ya know my neigbor called after I got done talking to Tim last night and he brought down some rescue pop cause he could tell I was getting pissed.:cheers:

hoodshualer said:
Ok Ron step way from the truck and trailer. I will have my meter and test light with me also. There should be enough help at the rally to totaly redo your wiring if needed. As much trouble as you have been having this week. It may be something simple just can't see it for all the agrivation you are looking thru.

Head up my friend we got your back.

Thanks prolly is something silly stupid. I'm so ready to hit the road right now. Like SOOOOO ready!

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;Sweet
Truck wiring is all good. Known fact. It's all in the trailer I'm sure.

Ya know my neigbor called after I got done talking to Tim last night and he brought down some rescue pop cause he could tell I was getting pissed.:cheers:

Thanks prolly is something silly stupid. I'm so ready to hit the road right now. Like SOOOOO ready!

One thing about it there will be plenty of trucks that we can hook one up to the trialer to make sure its not the truck.

Barley pop always helps to make things a little better.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure all your bulbs are good! An 1156 bulb with a shorted filiment can send you to the nut house in a hurry. LOL

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
I'll throw a roll of 16 wire in the back of the truck. We'll rewire everything correctly and even set it up so that when you hit your brights, you **** your pants.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Well the bulbs are all new that I'm having the issue with, so hopefully it doesn't turn dark tomorrow morning on the way out.
Ahh this day just keeps getting better, off I go to the dentist to get a broken tooth fixed.-cuss
flatlander said:
I'll throw a roll of 16 wire in the back of the truck. We'll rewire everything correctly and even set it up so that when you hit your brights, you **** your pants.
:eek: I'll make sure I use the bathroom first.LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online