Too lazy to remove headliner

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
There are a couple braces, along with a brace or inner metal piece at the front. If you're thinking of mounting something like a CB or anything measure first of you'll just get the foam backer board or shoot through the roof to outside.

Foam backer:
You must be registered for see images attach

Inside cab roof:
You must be registered for see images attach

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Hardest part is finagling the backer in and out. Tedious part is removing all the old soft foam backing that's stuck on the backer board. Just get a new roll of headliner material and some 3m spray adhesive (they make it specifically for headliners and similar foam backed cloth) and roll it on the backer spraying as you go. Trim to to fit and for holes once dry. Worst part is cleaning the backer so the new sticks to it.

Noteworthy observation... Todd's '89 has two braces in the rear whereas my '86 only has one. On my '86 the rear brace has got loose from the roof skin and makes some interesting noises over bumps. Need to do some sort of foam or glue to get the brace attached back to the skin.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had this issue with mine a few days ago. Had a little hole in it already, so all I did was buy a can of spray adhesive and bump it into the roof (through the hole in the fabric) in a 360 degree pattern, then quickly smoothed it front to back. When it was all stuck up there, I hit the hole with a little and pulled the fabric over it. MUCH better than removing it!

All I wanted to know is if double walled like Bronco and Reg cab so I could hang radios for coms from ceiling however now I must redo that plan and biild a rack I guess ....damn it

sassyrel

Reaction score
Hardest part is finagling the backer in and out. Tedious part is removing all the old soft foam backing that's stuck on the backer board. Just get a new roll of headliner material and some 3m spray adhesive (they make it specifically for headliners and similar foam backed cloth) and roll it on the backer spraying as you go. Trim to to fit and for holes once dry. Worst part is cleaning the backer so the new sticks to it.

Noteworthy observation... Todd's '89 has two braces in the rear whereas my '86 only has one. On my '86 the rear brace has got loose from the roof skin and makes some interesting noises over bumps. Need to do some sort of foam or glue to get the brace attached back to the skin.

how about windshield urethane????

sassyrel

Reaction score
thank a service member for your right to have an opinion;Sweet

im not a leftist,, and I don't agree with smoking dope...that's why those that do,, are called dopes.............and I severly dislike,,,the desecration of the american flag,,in any way..........

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im not a leftist,, and I don't agree with smoking dope...that's why those that do,, are called dopes.............and I severly dislike,,,the desecration of the american flag,,in any way..........

i greatly apologize. but i believe you have mistaken me for someone that cares.

you live your life how you want, and ill do the same.

have a great day sir.

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Life is a lot easier if you quit worrying about what other people are doing that doesn't affect anyone else.

sassyrel

Reaction score
your right,,dont give a cats a#$ what anyone else says or does,,and its those same type of jackasses,,that are running this country now..so if you really believe that,,dont ever complain one damn bit about whats going wrong...none............burn the flag, nope, don't care...smoke dope freely like in CO, nope, dont care,,and they know have more accidents than nearly the rest of the country together. the idiot gov said he wished hed never signed the law...yep,,don't care.....

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
K enough of this crwp in MY thread...its about friggen heqdliners here folks if u got nothing to add about headliners quite being asshatz in my thread..take yer crqp to pm or yer own thread...nuff

Now I did manage to look from a missing back window sc and determine it has no second layer just ribs...crap.

Means I will likely CUT out a forward section of reg cab roof...just for that portion so I can add radios saefely to my roof.

Just saying...working on a solution...no stop the crap

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
double layer roof...
why not weld a nut to a washer, then drill a hole in the lower layer, then weld the washer to that lower layer with the nut inside?
i apologize for bringing asshattery to your thread. you have enough fires to contain.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online