Too lazy to remove headliner

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
K goes like this...

Too damn lazy to remove my SC headliner for discovery.

Is there a solid metal roof above headliner or just some support bars? Both the Bronco and F350 RC have tin roofs with no headliner and the F250 RC has head liner so I am confused.

Any help appreciated...if you have photos for proof positive...golden

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just have the cloth removed and there's some sort of funky foam type pad there...I'm just going to paint since it's pretty solid and call it good.

You must be registered for see images attach

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Headliner or not the roof is a double layer of metal without support bars. Should be painted the same as the rest of the interior.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
The foam is sound deadener, you gonna paint that? If you take it out, you will notice a lot more noise. My first truck was a work truck without any headliner, the current one is like a vault with one in it. I need to fix/replace mine pretty soon, the fabric has delaminated in spots from the foam and I have billowing clouds of gray while I drive.

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The foam is sound deadener, you gonna paint that?

Mine is quite hard and durable...it's been exposed for a year now and hasn't crumbled and doesn't release any dust or crap so I figure Plastidip or Bedliner will put a nice shell on it and keep it protected.

tnthielen

Reaction score
My '89 Supercab is currently empty as I am having the seats and door panels redone. I will be using B-Quiet (www.b-quiet.com/index.html) sound deadening on the roof/doors/floor/rear of the cab. That adhesive is the residue that was left after I pulled the 2 pieces of foam insulation down.

Hopefully this helps!

How about this link?

-Todd

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My '89 Supercab is currently empty as I am having the seats and door panels redone. I will be using B-Quiet (www.b-quiet.com/index.html) sound deadening on the roof/doors/floor/rear of the cab. That adhesive is the residue that was left after I pulled the 2 pieces of foam insulation down.

Hopefully this helps!

-Todd

No worky

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Headliner or not the roof is a double layer of metal without support bars. Should be painted the same as the rest of the interior.
I guess not after seeing the picture in post #6. My only experience was with slantnose single cabs.

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
K goes like this...

Too damn lazy to remove my SC headliner for discovery.

Is there a solid metal roof above headliner or just some support bars? Both the Bronco and F350 RC have tin roofs with no headliner and the F250 RC has head liner so I am confused.

Any help appreciated...if you have photos for proof positive...golden

I understand the laziness but being that its a single cab its not but a few screws and interior trim pieces to get it out.
Swing into an automotive upholstery shop and see what they charge to do everything including removal and install. I had a headliner installed all work included on an old mustang I had for 80.00 bucks and the final product was very nice and worth every penny. You might be able to get it done for 50 bucks or so.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^^ Clearly does not know me ^^^^

Lazy cause been busy 14hr nights on forest fire of late.

More n cabable of doing the work

LOL

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^^ Clearly does not know me ^^^^

Lazy cause been busy 14hr nights on forest fire of late.

More n cabable of doing the work

LOL

Desertfireguy

Reaction score
Had this issue with mine a few days ago. Had a little hole in it already, so all I did was buy a can of spray adhesive and bump it into the roof (through the hole in the fabric) in a 360 degree pattern, then quickly smoothed it front to back. When it was all stuck up there, I hit the hole with a little and pulled the fabric over it. MUCH better than removing it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7