Tires are here

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
where did you find the nankang for that price, if you dont mind my asking?
I'm the furthest person from being a China product basher, but I wouldn't recommend running Nangkang unless you have a fleet driver who is abusive on the equipment. you can tell who I value as a driver by the condition of their truck and the tires on their truck. Somehow the abusive ones seem to think I was born yesterday every time they break a truck.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Goodyear owns Kelly tires, Goodyear equivilant to this tire is the GY duratrac....which are at least 230 a tire before shipping. I abought these for 185ish a tire and about 25$ shipping per tire.

Kelly my be owned by goodyear but those tires look nothing like the duratrac

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
From what I heard they are suprisingly quiet. Should be able to get 40k out of them with proper inflation and rotation. Great looking tire, makes the garage smell great with them all in there. Thursday I will get em mounted.

www.tire-easy.com is where I got them. Cheaper than BFG's so I'm happy!

Do they even speak english on the phone being their web site is in spanish?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Equivilant, in the sense that they are kinda close, not exactly the same. I wouldn't pay the extra for the duratracs anyways.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I'm the furthest person from being a China product basher, but I wouldn't recommend running Nangkang unless you have a fleet driver who is abusive on the equipment. you can tell who I value as a driver by the condition of their truck and the tires on their truck. Somehow the abusive ones seem to think I was born yesterday every time they break a truck.

I never sold a chinese tire in my shop before but the Nankang mudstars on the truck aren't made in china. they are made in Thailand. I bought my first set after a problem with an ex tire wholesaler i used to deal with and a buddy of mine talked me into these. So far i am happy with them but i think i'm going to go back to a set of treadwright a/t's next time because the nankang are load range D not E.

And i'm chinese!

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far i am happy with them but i think i'm going to go back to a set of treadwright a/t's next time because the nankang are load range D not E.
That load rating can be a major concern, depending on how much you haul/tow. I made the mistake of running load range D tires on my truck once...even though they were rated for the same weight as the load range E tires (the difference was in size; the D tires were equivalent to 33"). I learned the hard way that even with the same weight rating, a load range D tire has a considerably weaker sidewall than a load range E tire...the rear end of the truck wiggled all over the place, and when I hooked up to a trailer that was loaded funny but I had towed "safely" with E-range tires on my truck before, I almost got myself killed. Replaced the tires immediately :shocked: I'm going to need new tires soon, but I'll be looking for the stiffest-sidewall load range E tires I can find!! Also, I am done with oversize tires...

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
i don't tow with the CC F350 which has the D's on it. Its a daily driver, heck its got a 351 gas radiator in it with the 6.9 diesel and it never gets hot! LOL

I really liked the Treadwright tires i ran before. Never had an issue with any of their tires.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I just put 4 new 235/85/16LT Kelly Safari MSR's on the rear of my dually....Nice looking tires, load range E as well - not super loud and for $610 cash it was a bargain....Brand new with the *****'s still on them.-Showtits:D

david_lee

Full Access Member
Reaction score

i asked cuz i am looking for a set of inexpensive, wide tires to be able to mount up when i go surf fishing. i have no need to run around on big tires that are going to do nothing for me while on the highway but make noise, suck fuel, and increase wear on other parts. since they would only get mounted every other weekend at most, i dont want to spend a fortune on them.

the $121 price tag aint too bad either if the shipping is reasonable.

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i asked cuz i am looking for a set of inexpensive, wide tires to be able to mount up when i go surf fishing. i have no need to run around on big tires that are going to do nothing for me while on the highway but make noise, suck fuel, and increase wear on other parts. since they would only get mounted every other weekend at most, i dont want to spend a fortune on them.

the $121 price tag aint too bad either if the shipping is reasonable.

Treadwrights are cheaper than $121 i believe. Depending on size and weight rating. I havnt see any on there more than $121.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online