Tire question for F350 4x4

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I picked up some new tires for my 460 truck, but, I just had to try them on the diesel.... LOL
You must be registered for see images

Don't mind the rust or the bed with the broken sills, that's soon going to be dealt with with a second complete body swap on this 'ol girl, as soon as I figure out how to put an 80-86 dash into a 93 cab... It is a diesel cab, but, I don't want to go to the new dash.
Those are 315/75R16(35x12.50's) on 16x10's with a 2" BL on the cab(bed has none due to the condition of the sills...) and the rear, well, it's lower than stock, I cut it down to one leaf per side less than stock quite a while ago.

Same truck with 33's(305/70's) on 16x8's, and I'm pretty sure they have quite a bit less offset than those 10's.

As for cutting sheetmetal, I dig:

Personally, I don't like the look of the cutout flares unless you have enough tire or offset to require 'em. With those 35's, they have almost enough offset to make them look ok.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mel,
Other than engine differences, they're pretty much a matched set, and the cabs started out life on a matched set of trucks too....
The truck that donated it's cab to the diesel:

And the one that donated it's cab to the 460:

The Purple one was an 81, the Grey an 82, both F100's, both 300/3 speed with O/D out of the factory, almost identical trucks when they were new...
The Purple one's fate was sealed with a broken frame and a bad 351W(3rd engine I had in the truck) about 2 years ago, not long before I found the diesel donor truck...
The Grey one, I've had it since I was 12, and, the 3/4 ton 4x4 chassis was just another step in it's many stages of evolution in the last 11 years(I swapped it between 2wd and 4wd twice, it was sporting a flatdeck as the FlareSide bed had fallen apart and had a built 300 I-6(never had anything but a 300 in there in my high school years...) that I had far too much time and money into when I bought the rolled donor truck for the engine to put in a 78 F150 I owned at the time, then the 300 started to knock, and being a power hungry 18 year old, I decided it was time to build me a nice big block powered 4x4, that was 5 years ago...

I even had a 00 F250 PSD for a while, but, I keep coming back to these 80-86 trucks, I just plain love this body style. You'd think I enjoyed working on old trucks or something... LOL

Last edited: