Tips for getting to #2 line nut on IP?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ken, if youre pressed for time, just pull the damn IP & lines.
chuck it up in a vice and tighten your leaker, then make sure the rest are tight.
slap the IP back on bleed and done!
7 bolts, a throttle cable & bracket, 3 nuts and 8 injector lines.
IMO the hardest part if i were in your shoes would be acquiring the necessary beverage :D

kcconfq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ken, if youre pressed for time, just pull the damn IP & lines.
chuck it up in a vice and tighten your leaker, then make sure the rest are tight.
slap the IP back on bleed and done!
7 bolts, a throttle cable & bracket, 3 nuts and 8 injector lines.
IMO the hardest part if i were in your shoes would be acquiring the necessary beverage :D

You are completely right, I just want to avoid doing that. I'm a fan of leaving as much alone as I can. As for getting the right beverage... That's taken care of. Two tap kegger in the back yard right across from the stocked commercial beer fridge.

kcconfq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I needed up calling my snap on guy up north and having it mailed to me down here (cheaper than getting it from the snap on guy here). $56 and have the right tool, not a bad one to have. Funny how snap on is 1/3 the price of OTC

kcconfq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Word to the wise, that socket doesn't fit the #2 line... What does? A off brand 5/8 line wrench after pulling 1 and 8 lines. Real easy real quick.... :mad:Oh well. Learning experience, and new tool! Yey more tools:D

kcconfq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very poorly tooled down at the parents house. And the line wrench just worked perfect. Now a permanent fixture in the truck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent